X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Help!

Hi All,

Maybe someone might be able to help me. I am married to a US Citizen and he submitted a pettion for me. We filed the I130, I485, and the other form for the work permit. Okay now, the I130 has been approved, but since we never heard back regarding the other forms we filed, our attorney got us an INFO PASS so that we could find out why it's taking so long to process. I had my Biometrics back in October, but never heard back. When we went to INS they told us that the I485 and the work permit were denied, and that all was in the same date that the I130 was approved. When we asked the reason why it was denied, they told us that they did not know and that we should of gotten something in the mail already stating the reason. We never got a notice, and we called the 800 number and they do not know either. Has anyone had this happen before?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Maybe someone might be able to help me. I am married to a US Citizen and he submitted a pettion for me. We filed the I130, I485, and the other form for the work permit. Okay now, the I130 has been approved, but since we never heard back regarding the other forms we filed, our attorney got us an INFO PASS so that we could find out why it's taking so long to process. I had my Biometrics back in October, but never heard back. When we went to INS they told us that the I485 and the work permit were denied, and that all was in the same date that the I130 was approved. When we asked the reason why it was denied, they told us that they did not know and that we should of gotten something in the mail already stating the reason. We never got a notice, and we called the 800 number and they do not know either. Has anyone had this happen before?

Thanks!

Comment

It happens, infrequent, but it does happens. It could be as simple as technicality issue or something more serious. Have you ever incurred illegal presence in USA?

Comment

I entered the country legally- I then got married and went through the same process, we field I130, I485, and the work permit. We got and interview and then they told us that they would get back with us. During that wait period my then husband and I got a divorce as he was an abusive husband. My mother is a US Citizen, so she filed a petition for me. I got approved two years ago, and never heard from INS as to when we should file the I485. Well, now 5 years after my divorce I got married last year.. So I am not sure what this is all about. What I do know is that no one is able to say why or what. It's really frustrating.

Comment

I will need some time lines here. Most likely you have to first get information on your original case. How sooon after the interview did you and your husband divorce? If he wrote to ins you might be in trouble.

Men, you have too many cases going here. Any give some time lines for better advice.

Comment

The filing was with husband number one or two???? u need to give some dates to sort this out. You mentioned that u filed on marriage and that ur mother also filed? that would mean u have multiple applications out there for different reasons allowing u to adjust? more info would be great.

Comment

Okay, Here we go. The first filling was back in 1997 with Husband number 1. We had an interview and nothing happen there, as the officer said that she would get back with us. We waited and waited the atty we had sent inquires to the officer, and then she sent me to have my taken again and I did, during my wait for decision we got a divorce due to differences in our relationship we divorced in late 2000. Then I hired another atty becaude the first one could no longer represent me. He filed my paper work in early 2001 as the daughter of a USC (mother) I got approved for the I130 in 2002 but I guess I was not able to apply for the I485 Immediately so I had to wait and was waiting until I got married the husband 2 in June of 2006. We filed the 130 and 485 together. I spoke to my attorney this morning and he said that it was denied because they were asking for the I94 which I lost many years ago, so we sent a form to have it replaced I102, and I guess they had requested more evidence, but now I am not sure if the reliable, because I heard that sometimes they cannot find it. Can some elighten me? Has someone experienced this?

Thank you!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed