Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.C Surrender

My cousin does not want to live in US. How & where can he surrender his green card. Can he get visitor's visa once he surrenders his G.C.?

My cousin does not want to live in US. How & where can he surrender his green card. Can he get visitor's visa once he surrenders his G.C.?

Comment

Hi Javed,

Your cousin can contact the US Embassy in his country and ask about the procedure. Basicly, one fills out the form I-407 -Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, returns the Green card and should keep the receipt.
      He may apply for non-immigrant visa any time after that. If he is the citizen of a country that participates in the Visa Waiver program, he may use that program to enter the US ( no visa needed).

Comment

I think its a bad idea to give up his green card. Advice him to get citizenship first then leave the US and just go until he wants to return.

This is because I have seen posts about people trying to reclaim their residence after they realized that they now want to return and live here.

Comment

it will be the biggest mistake of his life if he gives up his green card...........as John doe said..he needs to stay until he can get his citizenship and then he can come and go as he pleases..........Right now at this very moment he maybe 100% sure that he never wants to live here again but I think everyone who frequents these immigration boards have seen too many posts of people wanting to get back their green cards after stupidly surrendering it

Comment

Sell ur green card on ebay .. u'll get a good price my offer $10 regular cash/credit..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation