Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please read...need any suggestions

My friend married an illegal 10 years ago. They were married for eight years when finally he was deported. Their marraige was good and he seemed to really love her and her three children. When he was deported she faught tooth and nail for him. She gave up their home and move in with relatives so that she could afford to send him money $500 a month so that he wouldnt suffer. Her family has spent well over $50,000 over the past 2.5 years. He was finally granted a Visa in May and had a ticket set up for him. He never went to the airport. He instead waited a few days and left her a message on her cell telling her he freaked out. He needed sometime to think things through. Of course she and her children were devistated and broken. He then called and told her he was coming home. He told her he would arrive on June 9th. A few days before his scheduled arrival.Her sister in law called to inform her that he had been having an affair with a russian women and had been living with her for nearly 7 months. She said that he was intending to fly into Miami with his new girlfriend. She also gave her the number to his second cell phone in which my friend texted him telling him not to fly into the US because she was filing fraud charges. He called her back and convinced her that they were lying. He had never been very close to his brother and sister in law and said Why would I share that with him if it were true. Also saying....If it took this long for me to get a visa how would someone else get one so quickly. He begged her to be at the airport (2 hours away) at 3:15 and to bring the children because he had presents for everyone. He told her how much he loved her and couldnt wait to see her.
    She went to the airport (without kids) and he never showed up.
    His sister in law contacted her on sunday and informed her that he in fact flew into Miami on Friday.....When he called her to tell her to meet him at the airport with the kids...he was already on his way to Bucharest ( 6 hours from his town) to catch a flight to Miami. With her.
    My question is.......What the hell can be done. Her immigration lawyer said nothing can be done. He is here legally. Her mother put up all she owned to sponser him and is liable for him if he breaks any laws. Is there anyway she can be removed or not held liable in the event that he does something wrong? He totally scammed her. We are not sure how much of her marraige was a scam...she is so devistated by this betrayl....he not only stole everything she owned but stole her soul.......Please any suggestions how we can get him out of this country....he doesnt deserve to be here.

My friend married an illegal 10 years ago. They were married for eight years when finally he was deported. Their marraige was good and he seemed to really love her and her three children. When he was deported she faught tooth and nail for him. She gave up their home and move in with relatives so that she could afford to send him money $500 a month so that he wouldnt suffer. Her family has spent well over $50,000 over the past 2.5 years. He was finally granted a Visa in May and had a ticket set up for him. He never went to the airport. He instead waited a few days and left her a message on her cell telling her he freaked out. He needed sometime to think things through. Of course she and her children were devistated and broken. He then called and told her he was coming home. He told her he would arrive on June 9th. A few days before his scheduled arrival.Her sister in law called to inform her that he had been having an affair with a russian women and had been living with her for nearly 7 months. She said that he was intending to fly into Miami with his new girlfriend. She also gave her the number to his second cell phone in which my friend texted him telling him not to fly into the US because she was filing fraud charges. He called her back and convinced her that they were lying. He had never been very close to his brother and sister in law and said Why would I share that with him if it were true. Also saying....If it took this long for me to get a visa how would someone else get one so quickly. He begged her to be at the airport (2 hours away) at 3:15 and to bring the children because he had presents for everyone. He told her how much he loved her and couldnt wait to see her.
    She went to the airport (without kids) and he never showed up.
    His sister in law contacted her on sunday and informed her that he in fact flew into Miami on Friday.....When he called her to tell her to meet him at the airport with the kids...he was already on his way to Bucharest ( 6 hours from his town) to catch a flight to Miami. With her.
    My question is.......What the hell can be done. Her immigration lawyer said nothing can be done. He is here legally. Her mother put up all she owned to sponser him and is liable for him if he breaks any laws. Is there anyway she can be removed or not held liable in the event that he does something wrong? He totally scammed her. We are not sure how much of her marraige was a scam...she is so devistated by this betrayl....he not only stole everything she owned but stole her soul.......Please any suggestions how we can get him out of this country....he doesnt deserve to be here.

Comment

That's one of the many things that happen when you deal with criminals (illegal aliens). They aren't exactly a trustworthy bunch. The idiot wife should have done some research before she married this person. I'm stunned that he is back in the US legally after recently being deported.

So...he stole everything, scammed her, probably has a girlfriend on the side and the idiot mother in law, sponsored him??? - Well the mother and daughter are definitly related, no DNA test needed there. -- The "wife" needs to cut her loses, divorce this loser scum bag and get on with her life and stop contributing to illegal activity (marrying an illegal alien is no different than an employer hiring illegal aliens - I'm guessing this scumbag was working at somepoint within the 8 years, paid no taxes, used US resources for free and "the wife" knew and supported that). The "mother in law" needs a better lawyer, and you should choose your friends better.

Comment

who can here say that this marriage wasn't out of love when entered into 10 years ago? They had lived as a married couple for 8 years!

Anyway, let's stick to the facts. As davdah asked, it would be good to know what kind of visa was issued to him to enter the USA.

Comment

Ok...I expected the name calling...no problem...I understand how angry some people are because now I am one of them. I don't expect people to understand who this man "was" and what he became. There is no way anyone reading this post could know all the details of my friend, her husband and her mother. This has been going on over a ten year span. I will however give you the best answers I can because I truly do want your help....even if you need to call me and everyone involved names. I can take it because I want this son of a ***** and anyone like him to pay.

First.....He entered the states from Canada illegally when he was around 19. As soon as he crossed the border he was picked up and arrested. He was sent to a prison near us in Pennsylvania. He was held there for 8 months and then given a trial in which the judge sentenced him to deportation. He was then given papers and told to report to INS in Philadelphia where he would be issued work papers and obtain a social security number. He had no where to go so a pastor at the prison hooked him up with a family that usually houses immigrants seeking political asylum. The man I am speaking of is Romanian. They let him live there and work on there farm. Remember.....he is an illegal...but a DOCUMENTED ILLEGAL. Not one of those hiding,They gave him a social security number and he paid taxes the entire time he was here. It was at this farm that he met my friend. It was her grandparents that ran the place. She had three small children whose father had died. He met her and they fell in love. He helped her raise those children and because they were so young..he was the only father they knew. He worked 2 jobs and provided a home, food, clothing,and HEALTH INSURANCE. for all those kids. He loved them....at least it really seemed like it. Remember...he was in this country for 8 years.....and married...paying taxes and keeping every appointment with the INS for his work papers. He and his wife were working with an lawyer to try to overturn the deportation order. Then one day without warning his time was up and they took him away within 48 hours he was on a plane back to Romania, a country he left at 16. His wife was forced to move out of their house and move in with her grandparents. She lost the insurance and spent the next 2.5 years trying to support her kids, and him. She remand faithful to him and out of the goodness of friends and family, was able to visit him about 4 times throughout this process. Her mother is not an idiot but a loving mother who, as did we all, believed in this man. But that man changed. He told his wife that he never really thought that they would let him come back and when he went for his interview he expected to be rejected. When they handed him his Visa he said he couldnt even be happy.
          Understandable...if he met and fell in love with someone else and didnt want to leave her....That is totally understandable..he was lonely, never thought he would come back. It happens. What is not acceptable is the fact that for 7 months he was living with another women....Russian...and scamming his wife and taking from the children he raised as his own. This is not a low life inner city ghetto family that got hooked up with some migrant worker. As I stated...they were married for 8 years before he was taken away. He was a great guy...but that guy is dead.
          None of these AMERICANS should have to live holding there breath because they are afraid he might do something that they will be liable for. They are victems of a crime...and all they are guilty of is loving this man and getting him back home to his family. He is the one that gave up on his marraige and yet decided to take advantage of the goodness of his wife and her family. Its not fair and i will spend every day trying to send him back or making his life a living hell. If you can help me do that I would be in debt to you..He came here on a 6 month Visa and a green card packet. I have no idea what the deal is with the other women. As I said before. Don't feel you need to defend any of my posts from those who speak there mind...My God that is what America is all about.

Comment

Also...he was supposed to fly into Dulles on Saturday. We have a friend that works with the FBI and was able to put a "red flag" on his name & SS#. He told us that he was able to see that he arrived in MIAMI on Friday. My friends sister in law has been providing her info. She found out that the "Russian" girl has family in Miami and that the plan was for them to go there first and then she feared they would come to her house in Atlanta to try to set up a life there. The brother in law apparently also entered illegally but is undocumented. I am sure the last thing they want is any trouble and so she is being very giving with information.

Comment

Why is he flying into Dulles? This story is quite a mess. I'm having a little trouble following it, but it sounds like he is legally entering the country. I know your friend has been scammed out of money and scorned, but I'm not sure there's anything immigration related that can be done in her favor. Please post more information if I didn't get the story right.

Comment

i know it is confusing....he told his wife he was coming home all the time acting as if he was looking forward to seeing her and the kids. He even told her to bring the kids to the airport to see him get off the plane. We live in Pennsylvania and he was supposed to fly into Dulles Airport where his family was expecting to pick him up. He instead flew into Miami with his girlfriend of 7 months. An extremely cold hearted move. Never once did he give his wife a clue that he was having an affair. He totally used her devotion and love for him right to the end. I figured that there would be nothing that immigration could do However....could she...through divorce, sue him for fraud?Or in a civil suit sue him? OR will that fall back on his sponser, who in fact in HER mother?

Comment

A messy situation, indeed. I'm not an expert on all of this, but my gut feeling is any legal action will fall outside of immigration. He had the papers to legally enter the country, so he didn't do anything wrong there. As far as all the money she sent to him? I hope she has good records! And there are kids involved? Then he surely would need to be sued for child support! What a snake. I live 8 miles from Dulles Airport. What time is his flight tomorrow? Me & my posse of 4 will give him a good homecoming - lol!

Comment

LOL.. I think this is where everyone is confused...you see this all happend last saturday on the 9th of June. He told his wife to be at the airport and told her the airline but never the flight number. He told her to be there at 3:15 with the kids. He did this because he wanted to keep her from calling any authorities that he believed may have arrested him. It was a trick to buy him time as he flew into Miami LAST FRIDAY the 8 of JUNE. does it make a little more sense...She was on to him and he had to make it seem like his family was lying and that of course he was coming home so bring the kids. He convinced her enough for her not to alert anyone and gave him a whole day to arrive here legally and abandon his family.

Comment

Tree,
                      This story is really horrible. How sad for your friend and how disappointing for everyone involved! It's utterly terrible if he used her to get into the country, no wonder there are so many bitter feelings on this board, with stories like that it would be hard to keep the faith for those who are legitimately in love. I feel sorry for your friend. I think her only recourse would be to file for divorce and notify the immigration office about what happened. If his visa was contingent upon marriage to her, it will be denied and he will have to go back. You may want to get other opinions about this, but I think this is one thing I would do in this situation. How sad...

Comment

I need to also clarify that the girlfriend flew in to Miami with him. She is here with him staying with her family in Miami. So obviously she has a Visa.
                        I have no problem with deporting illegals and I feel that it is truly a crime.
                        I just think the government shouldn't take so long doing it. After 8 years anyone would have roots. He should have been given a new trial where they could have looked to see what he had been doing and what contributions he had made during his stay.
                        Once deported it shouldnt have taken almost three years to let him come back.
                        I truly believe,that if he would have been given his visa a year ago, the outcome would have been different. Romania is not a nice country. People are in constint survival mode, at least where he was. Last May he went to the Embassey in Bucharest for an interveiw. His wife had flown over to be with him. He was denied because they were missing some papers. I think he just gave up and never thought he would ever be coming back. He said it himself. So anyone could understand how he would move on with his life. HOWEVER....you dont scam your wife and children you raised as your own. You know....the last time she sent him money..for traveling expenses the FIRST time he was to get on the plane...it was all of her kids birthday money. The kids emptied all their piggy banks and she borrowed the rest. He knew that...he stole from those kids and had the nerve to tell her to bring them to the airport when he knew he wasnt going to be there. He knew how broken they were when he didnt get on the plane the first time and he deliberatly wanted to cause them pain......and they never did anything but love him.
                        I think that once you are sentenced for deportation it should be nothing more then making flight arrangements....letting someone live in the country for eight years is just stupid.
                        They should have turned him around and shoved him back over the border as soon as they caught him or...got him on the first plane to Romania before the ink was dried. Then he would have never come into their lives.

Comment

I know that I have been going off on tangents....I will try, in future posts to stick to facts and do less story telling. It is just still fresh and painful.
                          I was intereted in suggestion that after his six month visa expires, the family may be able to be removed as a sponser.
                          Is that just logically thinking or fact....because we all know that when dealing with this,things are rarely logical.

Comment

Regarding visa he has, there are two options:
                            1. K3 - he would have to adjust status in the USA, and can't do that without original sponsor/spouse
                            2. IR-1 (more likely) - an immigrant visa, valid for 6 months to enter the USA. Upon entry, he receives green card in the mail.

Tree8675309 - maybe, by contacting the USCIS, issuance of the green card can be stopped. It normaly takes a few weeks to be processed. Spouse should inform imm. office at the Miami airport (in case they haven't processed his papers yet), local office, 800 number, service center... anybody she can think off.

There is a manual decribing the procedures at POE. I remember reading that, no matter if one has a visa (spousal, employment), imm. officer should /could stop that person from enetring the USA if he/she suspects that relationship is no longer valid (or something to that effect). So, I do see a potential immigration fraud here since he used spousal visa to enter the USA without having the intent to live with the spouse.

I hope your friend has a good lawyer. I think she should act fact to first try to stop the production of GC.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tree8675309:
                              I was intereted in suggestion that after his six month visa expires, the family may be able to be removed as a sponser.
                              Is that just logically thinking or fact....because we all know that when dealing with this,things are rarely logical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not likely... when visa is issued it is normaly valid for 6 months and the immigrant has to enter the USA within that period.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation