BREAKING NEWS: PRO IMMIGRANTS ACTIVIST READY TO HELP CANNON WITH MAJOR FUNDING

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe me, a bill will pass whether you like it or not...the only problem is because it is an elction year, lawmakers are reluctant to do so because of how diversive the subject is.

I dont think extremist can kill immigration just because they think there is too much mexican in america..This is xenophobic talks and you cant allow people like that run the US...Their argument is based on race and this should never be a reason to kill immigration.

jacob will lose to cannon and pro immigration group should trumpet cannon victory just like they trumpeted bilbray victory..

THIS WILL ALSO TELL ALL LAWMAKERS THAT WILL RUN ON ANTI IMMIGRATION IS THAT THEY WILL ALSO RUN AGAINST BIG BUSINESSES...SO PREPARE FOR CUT BACK IN FUNDS TO ANY LAWMAKERS THAT RUNS ON THIS EXTREME IMMIGRATION PLATE....AFTER JACOB FALLS, IT WOULD BE GREAT

Comment

http://projectusa.org/ezine/2006/06-...ian_guilty.php

Cannon may need those funds for legal defense.

Comment

Your great friend, J.D hayworth is in the same box, so, no big deal...I see this as a Republican problem that would hurt all of them.

Comment

Here Jean2005: something in your deffence...

Demagogy (from the Greek: demos "people", and agogos "leading") refers to a political strategy for obtaining and gaining political power by appealing to the popular prejudices, fears, and expectations of the public "”typically via impassioned rhetoric and propaganda, and often using nationalistic or populist themes.

The term is commonly used as a political pejorative: "”political opponents are described as "demagogues," while politicians approved of are "men of the people," or "statesmen."

The early 20th century American social critic and humorist H. L. Mencken, known for his "definitions" of terms, defined a "demagogue" as:

"One who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots."
          Though this definition emphasizes the use of lying and falshoods, some point out that demagogy does not require such, but that skilled demogogues often need use only special emphasis by which an uncritical listener will be led to draw the desired conclusion himself, seeding a belief that is self-reinforced rather than one based on fact or truth. Demagogues may make use of logical fallacies, though persuasion may require no use of logic. While it may not rely heavily upon outright lies, the use of half-truths, omissions, and distortions are what define demagogy "”it is in essence giving bad-faith arguments for the purpose of political gain.

Another famous usage was by the aging Erich Ludendorff, who after being a strong supporter of the early rise of Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany, after learning of Hitler's appointment as Chancellor, expressed his disappointment to (the very old) German President Paul von Hindenburg:

"By appointing Hitler Chancellor of the Reich, you have handed over our sacred German Fatherland to one of the greatest demagogues of all time. I prophesy to you this evil man will plunge our Reich into the abyss and will inflict immeasurable woe on our nation. Future generations will curse you in your grave for this action."
          Hitler indeed would become regarded as perhaps the definition of a demagogue, having successfully risen to power through appeals to the ethnic and nationalistic prejudices and vanities of the German people "”exploting a political base of embittered and misled war veterans and nationalists and directing blame at minority and other convenient scapegoats ("Dolchstosslegende"). Hitler further consolidated his power through means of fear and intimidation, and targeted killing of German political dissidents and intellectuals ("Gleichschaltung").

Methods not involving violations of logic
          Apples and oranges - mixing of incomparable quantities. For example, "our government has increased social spending by 5 billion dollars, while the previous government has increased it only by 0.4 percent." Obviously, the latter sounds like less, but one cannot be sure without an absolute value.

Half truth - For example, "the opposition have accused us of cutting foreign aid, actually our government has increased foreign aid by 500 million dollars." Not mentioning that ajusted for inflation the allocate funds have in fact gone down.

False authority - relying on the general authority of a person who is not proficient in the discussed topic. Example: "the professor read my book, and liked it very much". The fact that it was a professor of chemistry who read a book on anthropology is omitted.

Methods involving violation of logic
          For or against - assuming that there are only two possible opinions on a given topic. Example: "Smith is not with us, therefore he is against us". The possibility of a neutral position or divergence is ignored.

Demonization - identifying others as a mortal threat. Often this involves scapegoating--blaming others for one's own problems. This is often advanced by using vague terms to identify the opposition group and then stereotyping that group. This allows the demagogue to exaggerate this group's influence and ascribe any trait to them by identifying that trait in any individual in the group. This method can be aided by constructing a false dilemma that portrays opposition groups as having a value system that is the polar opposite of one's own, as opposed to simply having different priorities.

Loaded question - posing a question with an implied position that the opponent does not have.

Arguments unrelated to a discussion:
          ------------------------------------
          Unrelated facts - bringing unrelated facts that sound in favor of the speaker's agenda. Example: "Our beverages do not contain sodium deoxycholate". This is probably true, but the mentioned chemical is a detergent, and should not be contained in any beverage whatsoever.

Emotional appeal or personal attack - an attempt to bring a discussion to an emotional level. For example, "Everyone is against me!", "Can't I be right just once?", "You're stupid!", "You are demagoguing!" or just the classic retort "Shut up!"

------------------------------------------------
          But, for those who don't need definitions, I would just call all of this "BS"

Comment

Thank you , mpod!

All of this thread is BS , nothing but a "Straw Man" argument that serves interests of none but those who share the position of www.fairus.org, and founder of Grandest Nazi Affiliated Demagogue alive in US - Mr. John Tanton.

Thank God, polls have repeatedly shown that majority of American people don't follow their hateful, bigoted, anti-immigrant rhetoric.

God Bless America,
            land of Brave and Free !

IE

Comment

Cannon's campaign manager said today

Cannon is against any path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Instead, Cannon supports legislation that would create a guest-worker program that would allow some illegal immigrants to remain in the country for up to three years. The program would be extendable but would not provide an opportunity for citizenship, Rathbun said.

Comment

I do not understand - proimmigrants means - pro ILLEGAL immigrants , right ? It means - against the LAWS , I do not like to go against the laws .
                Sometimes people going against the laws can end up in JAIL , is it fair ?
                Let's vote

Comment

Here we go again.....

Comment

No, anti-racist and anti-bigot is not anti-law, dummy!

I am NOT against LAW - I support it!
                    It's precisely because I am PRO-LAW = PRO-US CONSTITUTION that I oppose bigots, racists and hatemongers.

I support sealing borders.
                    I support deporting those illegals whom we can afford , or can't afford not to.
                    I support any and all measures to stop flow of illegals in US.
                    I also support realistic solution/registration for those whom US won't/can't deport.
                    I support RNCs and President Bush's initiative on Immigration Reform.

As seen from above, I SUPPORT LAW AND ORDER!
                    I oppose existing practice of illegal immigration - it is against law and order and security to have 12 millions of people whom US can not deport yet John Tantons won't allow to fingerprint and register.

I OPPOSE FASCISM, BIGOTRY AND RACISM!
                    I AM ALL FOR LAW AND ORDER!

USA and Values of US Constitution are ABOVE ALL!

Comment

pro ILLEGAL immigrants , right ? It means - against the LAWS , I do not like to go against the laws
                      If YOU are illegal immigrant, and you don't like to go against the law...well, tough!

Gotta wear a condom, if you don't want to get pregnant....

Comment

NO CONDOM !!!

More immigrant born USC children = more chances to get rid of bigots in 18 years from now !

Comment

Cannon might say he's against any path to citizenship, but i guaranty you that when he gets elected, he will vote for a bill that has one...Cannon is a bush loyalist, plus the companies that gave cannon money made it clear they would support candidate that would only support a bill that would lift migrants out of the shadow....cannon will crush jacob and his anti immigrant hatred.

Comment

[quote]NO CONDOM!!! = i am proud to be a Chinese!!!

Comment

Since when there is direct association between Chinese Pride and not wearing condoms for reproductive purposes?

Comment

Since it is one of the reasons that nation still exists and => getting a potential to move up...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation