X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frenchybee:
    PUSC has hots for cowboys on this forum: Houston, Hudson, and Someone12. It's common knowledge on the grapevine I received.
    Now inh too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with 4Now.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frenchybee:
    inh, I am sorry to disappoint you but the only reason PUSC is helping you is because of your avatar.
    She has hots for cowboys on this forum.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bottom line here buzzy bee is that Proud USC helps people with your immigration issues... what exactly is it that you do.... er besides play with yourself

ydoncha

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    inh, I am sorry to disappoint you but the only reason PUSC is helping you is because of your avatar.
    She has hots for cowboys on this forum.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I offered help because he's trying to get through a process. And, because I'm a helpful person by nature. No ulterior motives.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    You're welcome. You should be okay. You've already cleared the major hurdle! Keep us informed.

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    Ill go as soon as possible and update this discussion. Thanks ProudUSC

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Hopefully, your school information should be enough to prove identity, along with your certificate of citizenship and birth certificate. Once you get the social security number and driver's license, the passport will be a piece of cake. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    They need to see my social security card, and they will not accept the one I have.

"All applicants for a Texas driver license are required to show proof of his or her social security number before the initial license"

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/a...alsecuritynumber.htm

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Have you checked into getting a Driver's License now that you have proof you are a citizen?

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We may use one document for two purposes. For example, we may use your U.S. passport as proof of both citizenship and identity. However, you must provideat leat two separate documents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I could try and use my COC for proof of both citizenship and identity. And then provide my old school id and transcript. As secondary evidence, and that way they can have their two documents.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Here is the link on instructions to get a corrected SSN (since you say you already have a number, this probably applies to you).

http://www.ssa.gov/ss5doc/chgselffor.htm

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Hi Inh,

I found this information for you. There are other things you can use to prove your identity. Please read the following:

http://www.ssa.gov/ss5doc/oriselfnat18.htm

Social Security Number for a Foreign-Born U.S. Citizen Age 12 or Older (never had a number)

To apply for a Social Security number:

Complete an Application For A Social Security Card (Form SS-5); and
    Show us documents proving:
    U.S. citizenship;
    Age; and
    Identity.

Take your completed application and original documents to your local Social Security office .

Anyone age 12 or older requesting an original Social Security number card must appear for an interview at a Social Security office.

Citizenship

We can accept only certain documents as proof of U.S. citizenship. These include a U.S. birth certificate, U.S. consular report of birth, U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship.

You must present your birth certificate if you have it or can easily obtain it. If not, we can consider other documents, such as your passport, to prove age.

Identity

We can accept only certain documents as proof of identity. An acceptable document must be current (not expired) and show your name, identifying information (date of birth or age) and preferably a recent photograph. For example, as proof of identity Social Security must see your:

U.S. driver’s license;
    State-issued nondriver identification card; or
    U.S. passport.

If you do not have one of these specific documents or you cannot get a replacement for one of them within 10 days, we will ask to see other documents, including:

Employee ID card;
    School ID card;
    Health insurance card (not a Medicare card); or
    U.S. military ID card.

We may use one document for two purposes. For example, we may use your U.S. passport as proof of both citizenship and identity. However, you must provide at least two separate documents.

All documents must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. We cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents.

We will mail your card as soon as we have all of your information and have verified your documents.

Keep your Social Security card in a safe place. It is an important document. Do not carry it with you.

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    I need to get a passport and a new social security card. Which should I get first? I know I need a social security number to get a passport. As I had mentioned, I have a social security card but one those that cant be use to work. My dad thinks I will probably keep the same number. They'll just change the status of the number and issue a new card. I could get a new social security card but I need proof of identity and my certificate of citizenship isn't listed as an acceptable document for that. But a passport is. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• inh
    replied
    As I understood it. There was a possibility for an interview. But only if they had doubts about the documents I sent. Or if something didn't match up. So federale wasn't necessary wrong about the procedures. Just wrong in my specific case.

Leave a comment:

• abercrombie_toronto
    replied
    hahahahahahahahahahahahah,

Priceless,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tak:
    federale86:

As I had mentioned, there was no interview for N-600, I was right and you were once again wrong like always. My knowldege is personal and hands on and you rely on information from here and there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave a comment:

• Aroha
    replied
    That's awesome news, inh! Congratulations

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board