•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antifascist1
    replied
    I say fine.
    Whatever Aliba beleives or stands for is his business, not mine.
    But then he goes on to vehemently deny what he actually stands for - and that's what I don't understand.

Leave a comment:

• albatross23
    replied
    I think the real issue that the anti-immigrants groups have with undocumented immigrants is that they think they are invading the country and spanish has now become very important language to learn if you live in states like arizona, colorado, california etc etc.

People like aliba and others wants to keep america as white as possible and they hate it when they see large latino community all over the US.

The KKK had the same view and did not want black people to become an important part of america society because they saw them as a threat to america's identity.

Protecting america's identity is very important to them and america's ID is white, this is their ideology, racism.

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    So, for you it's all about "Ethnic"/"LATINO" issue, Aliba.
    Fine, just don't pretend next time that it's about something else.

Leave a comment:

• AliBA
    replied
    The spin is what Specter and company in Congress are trying, and you're right--it's futile.

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    Don't try to spin it now.
    It's futile.

Leave a comment:

• AliBA
    replied
    Really, now, if Latinos are such a small factor in illegal immigration, then why were the speakers at the rallies in Chicago and DC (including the mayor of Chicago and a US rep) addressing them in Spanish? Why were many of the signs in Spanish, as well as many nonUS flags? I am, frankly, **** sick and tired of seeing "Si se puede" in demonstrations.

In the interests of equal time, Hillary Clinton and John McCain did address a rally of illegal alien IRISH, but this didn't get nearly the press coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    Yes, you got a huge foot in your mouth.
    All along in great many of your posts you were stating over and over that this wasn't "ethnic" or "Latino" issue for you, but just a matter of "illegal" immigration.

Yet, unwittingly enough, you revealed your subconsious feeling that this INDEED is Ethnic, LATINO issue for you.

Then you realized your own fault and hastily deleted your initial responce (too late though, cause I had a chance to read it already). Now ,embarrassed, you try to make up for it and bring up excuses to cover it up.

Leave a comment:

• AliBA
    replied
    No foot in mouth. Ethnic lobbyists do falsely claim that the mythical Latino vote is something politicians should be afraid of--that's the precise point of the demonstrations this past week. To imply that politicians can't afford to ignore illegal aliens and the "citizens who love them". Anthony Villagairosa couldn't even win the mayoralty in LA without forming a coalition of Black, White, and Latino voters.

My revised post is just "snappier". Makes a better sound bite.

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    First you wrote to the effect that "this is tactics that ethnic lobbysts use before elections, claiming that congressmen can't go along without mythical Latino vote".

I guess you realized that got your foot in your mouth, so you deleted your original responce and replaced it with "No, illegal aliens likely will, too".

Anyway, have a nice day/evening.

IE

Leave a comment:

• AliBA
    replied
    No, illegal aliens likely will, too.

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    Are "FAIR US" members the only voters who march to the ballot boxes ?

Leave a comment:

• AliBA
    replied
    No, but then, we lazy Americans just have to march to the ballot box in the fall. Congress knows that, which is why they're hemming and hawing about Specter's bill.

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    Uh, haven't you heard of a " HUNDRED MILLION MEN MARCH" through 40 States recently?

What a magnificent demonstration was it !
    One hundred million people started a walk in California and reached all the way to New York, all chanting slogans like "IMMIGRANTS - GET OUT OF AMERICA !", "IMMIGRANTS STOLE OUR JOBS !", "ALL IMMIGRANTS ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE!" and so on..

Leave a comment:

• AliBA
    replied
    Take a look at the co-sponsors now, 20 in number, and most if not all are Democrats. Despite its purported popularity, it wasn't "popular" enough to get through a Senate vote, and that's what counts.

Leave a comment:

• AliBA
    replied
    Durbin's beliefs about fairness are out of step with the majority of the American public. Funny how many people believe rewarding illegal immigration isn't fair, no matter how you cut it. If they didn't, Congress and the President wouldn't be going through the contortions that they are now trying to make it palatable.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation