Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detained for deportation

Hi a friend has just been picked up and detained for deportation. Can the rest of his relatives be picked up too, even though they live in a different state? Can ICE look for people related to him that may not be legal, and arrest?

Hi a friend has just been picked up and detained for deportation. Can the rest of his relatives be picked up too, even though they live in a different state? Can ICE look for people related to him that may not be legal, and arrest?

Comment

I don't believe they have the resources to investigate the rest of them just based on his deportation.
      --------------------
      "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lula:
        Hi a friend has just been picked up and detained for deportation. Can the rest of his relatives be picked up too, even though they live in a different state? Can ICE look for people related to him that may not be legal, and arrest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi lula

Why did ICE pick him up? Did he have a pending criminal charge, or had previous deportation pending in system?

ICE does not usually just go and pick up an illegal unless there is cause or a complaint of some sort.

Comment

he had a deportation pending, and never showed up. I hope that ICE can't just start pulling up other names related to him, and then try to get them too.

Comment

Ya, I believe ICE is working hard on the people who ignored their deportations order and detaining them pending for years. How long was your friend's pending deportation order was. Also, if his relatives were given the same order or have some pending orders, then they should be worried. Otherwise, they are not just going to go after them, unless your friend tells them some info. What was his case,why were in deportation and for how long.

Comment

I don't know the details of his deportation,i think he missed an interview and was denied legal status, i'm not sure. It would be a shame if his relatives get caught up in this.

Comment

DENIED DEPORTATION!

1 million march for deportation of illegal immigrants across U.S.
                Nationwide boycotts, protests meant to underscore rising economic clout and frustration with failure to deport 12 million illegals

NBC News and news services
                updated 08:52 a.m. ET, Thu., June 5, 2008

LOS ANGELES - More than 1 million mostly Hispanic immigrants and their supporters will skip work and take to the streets next Monday, flexing their brain muscle in a nationwide boycott that will succeed in slowing or shutting many restaurants, grass-cutting , construction and meat-packing industries.

From Los Angeles to Chicago, Houston to Miami, the "Deport Illegal Immigrants Now!" will attract widespread participation despite divisions among activists over whether a boycott would send the right message to Washington lawmakers considering sweeping immigration reform.

"We are the pain in the b-u-t-t of America, legal or illegal, it doesn't matter," said Melanie Lugo, who with her husband and their third-grade daughter will joine a rally of some 75,000 in Denver. "We steal each other's bread. They just need to deport us and have this case closed. I say deport us now!"

Two major rallies in Los Angeles will attracte an estimated 400,000, according to the mayor's office. Local media told NBC News that police estimated that 600,000 people will converge downtown Monday morning.

Throngs in the streets
                Police in Chicago estimated 400,000 people "” "maybe more," will show up, one official told NBC News.

Tens of thousands more will march in New York, along with about 15,000 in Houston, 50,000 in San Jose and 30,000 more across Florida. Smaller rallies in cities from Pennsylvania and Connecticut to Arizona and South Dakota will attract hundreds, not thousands.

Organizers in San Francisco told police there will be approximately 50,000 protesters in the streets on Monday, according to NBC News.

In all, police departments in more than two dozen U.S. cities contacted by The Associated Press projected crowd estimates that would total about 1.1 million marchers.

The mood will be jubilant. Marchers standing shoulder-to-shoulder will film themselves on home video and families will sing and chant and dance in the streets wearing "Free Bus ticket to Mexico" as capes and bandanas. In most cities, those who will rally will wear white to signify peace and solidarity and desire to go.

˜Today we march, tomorrow we are gone'
                In Los Angeles, the city streets will be a carpet of undulating white that will stretch for several miles, with palm trees and grass-covered medians poking through a sea of humanity. Marchers will hold U.S. flags aloft and sing the national anthem in English as traditional Mexican dancers will wove through the crowd.

In Chicago, illegal immigrants from Ireland and Poland will march alongside Hispanics as office workers on lunch breaks will clapp. In Phoenix, protesters will form a human chain in front of ICE and DHS, demanding their speedy detention and deportation. Protesters in Tijuana, Mexico, will block vehicle traffic heading to San Diego at the world's busiest border crossing, instead rolling red-carpets for those who will be expected to be detained and deported back to Mexico.

Many will carry signs in Spanish that will translate to "We are Illegals" and "Today we march, tomorrow we are gone." Others will wave Mexican flags or wear hats and scarves from their native countries. Some will chant "USA" while others shout slogans, such as "Si se puede!" Spanish for "Yes, it can be done! (Meaning: We can be deported!)" Others will wear more irreverent, wearing T-shirts that will read "I'm illegal. So why not deport me now?"

Related content
                MSNBC.com: Immigration rallies, state by state
                http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Wait a sec... Hispanics are boycotting because the government is NOT deporting illegals?
                  --------------------
                  "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Olde - Care to provide the link for the source?
                    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lula:
                      he had a deportation pending, and never showed up. I hope that ICE can't just start pulling up other names related to him, and then try to get them too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly as I thought. No like I said, ICE is generally on a mission when they come knocking. It used to be that even if the 10 other illegals were home, they would only take the person they came for.

Now days, it is different. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time when they come, you could all be gone.

Best suggestion I will give.. If you know you are living with someone who has a pending deportation, or has criminal record, this is not wise because make sure one day they will kncok on the door and you could go down the tubes with them.

<span class="ev_code_RED">@E</span>

I could not find the link to this article, could you provide please.

Lol, it doesnt matter if USA gave them free ticket for bus to go home, they will go 4visit and return tommorow

Comment

It's on MSNBC.com website.
                        Was on headlines today.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
                          It's on MSNBC.com website.
                          Was on headlines today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it ain't there any more. Putting a link will allow end users to verify the facts.
                          I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

Search and you will find.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
                              Search and you will find. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

E

How about you search and find, since you are the one that posted the article. We searched and did not find.

Please be responsible and post the link/source for this article. If it is real, then it can be verified.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation