Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS Interview

This is a day that my wife and I should be celebrating. She had her interview today. We have really waited so long for this day prepared so hard. We crossed every "T" and dotted every "I". We thought we were ready for the big day. We where so organized, we had every document that we thought they would ask for. My wife and her daughter and I went to New Orleans for the interview today. It didn't take long at all. They called my wife in ask a few basic questions looked at her ID's and my Drivers License. Then with the drop of a hat announced that my wife will be granted status and in the same breath said but your daughter is denied. She said that based on her status as a K-2 she was too old. April 2004 I went to Hong Kong to see my fiancee. In May 2004 I petitioned for my then fiancee and her daughter as K-1 & K-2 . My wife arrived nov 2004. We married Dec 2004. Feb 2005 her daughter arrived. At the time that I petitioned for them her daughter was 19, but that Nov. 2004 she turned 20. By Jan 2005 she was granted her K-2 visa and arrived in Feb 2005. So she was granted a K-2 at the age of 20. After going to Hong Kong, paying all the fees for her and her daughter, airfares and the wedding and Christmas. I was tapped out of money. But I knew I had a little time to file AOS for them, in the meantime we worked on there SS cards and EAD cards. Then in Oct. 2005 we had the money to adjust status and we did. Hurricane Katrina hit about one month before and the devastation closed everything in New Orleans including the Immigration offices. So all case where postponed. In the meantime her daughter is getting older. Why would they grant her a k-2 at 20 if she didn't have time to adjust her status or if she did have time then why deny her after the delay with all the cases because of the hurricane. Here it is 20 Months since we filed AOS. Just 4 months shy of 2 years. We are suppose to go before a judge so he can order her to be deported or she can take a voluntarily deportation. We were told we are allowed Legal representation. We are trying to find out if we have a case and should we fight this. Please Help us help our daughter.

Ron and Mylah

This is a day that my wife and I should be celebrating. She had her interview today. We have really waited so long for this day prepared so hard. We crossed every "T" and dotted every "I". We thought we were ready for the big day. We where so organized, we had every document that we thought they would ask for. My wife and her daughter and I went to New Orleans for the interview today. It didn't take long at all. They called my wife in ask a few basic questions looked at her ID's and my Drivers License. Then with the drop of a hat announced that my wife will be granted status and in the same breath said but your daughter is denied. She said that based on her status as a K-2 she was too old. April 2004 I went to Hong Kong to see my fiancee. In May 2004 I petitioned for my then fiancee and her daughter as K-1 & K-2 . My wife arrived nov 2004. We married Dec 2004. Feb 2005 her daughter arrived. At the time that I petitioned for them her daughter was 19, but that Nov. 2004 she turned 20. By Jan 2005 she was granted her K-2 visa and arrived in Feb 2005. So she was granted a K-2 at the age of 20. After going to Hong Kong, paying all the fees for her and her daughter, airfares and the wedding and Christmas. I was tapped out of money. But I knew I had a little time to file AOS for them, in the meantime we worked on there SS cards and EAD cards. Then in Oct. 2005 we had the money to adjust status and we did. Hurricane Katrina hit about one month before and the devastation closed everything in New Orleans including the Immigration offices. So all case where postponed. In the meantime her daughter is getting older. Why would they grant her a k-2 at 20 if she didn't have time to adjust her status or if she did have time then why deny her after the delay with all the cases because of the hurricane. Here it is 20 Months since we filed AOS. Just 4 months shy of 2 years. We are suppose to go before a judge so he can order her to be deported or she can take a voluntarily deportation. We were told we are allowed Legal representation. We are trying to find out if we have a case and should we fight this. Please Help us help our daughter.

Ron and Mylah

Comment

Photo4Ron: I can't offer advice regarding the situation with your daughter. However, there is some good news regarding your wife's adjustment of status: if you were married in December 2004, then your wife will be granted a ten-year (non-conditional) green card...as you were married for more than two years at the time of adjustment. This means that you will not have to apply to remove conditions on your wife's residency.

Comment

yes, fight it!

Comment

Is the 20 year old daughter hot? If so she can get married and get AOS. If not,then shes outa here.

Comment

Ignore the a-hole above,

Yes you should definitely fight it!!
            Where is your daughter now??

Comment

She is still here waiting for Removal proceedings

Comment

fight it.. there is a discussion with a lawyer today at 5... log on it.. left hand side of page........ and ask what ur best action is ... u dont have to pay for this advise.. get in early tho to post ur question at 4.45 when they open up to submit ? dont leave the site .... or ur question is lost.

CONGRATULATIONS TO UR WIFE .... and to u... dont give up!!!

Comment

were you aware of ageing-out issue before the interview?

It is a close call to get K2 at 20 y/o, but some are able to adjust in time. Most will wait for CR/IR-2 if it is likely that I-130 will be approved soon.
                  You may try to "blame" on Katrina and the mess that it created, but the fact is that she applied for adjustment of status (Oct 05) one month before she turned 21 (Nov 05). Not even super fast USCIS would process the case on time.

When was I-130 approved?

A member by name "sussie", "susie", "suzie"?! faces the same issue for her son I believe. She fights it by all means, including opening a forum type web-site dedicated to the issue. At the moment I don't remember the name of it... but somebody else may...

Comment

If she is bangable I will marry her; send me a picture please

Comment

I really look like this

<=============

Comment

Do you think you're pretty, Sonof? Yuck! It's no wonder you're Russian mail orders dumped you. Your avatar looks just plain nasty to me. Phooey! Phooey!

Comment

I realize that our situation is not that that important to alot of people. To us we are about to have our daugther deported. I was looking for somewhat intelligent responses and not crude remarks about her looks and whether she is bangable so Sonof keep your thoughs to yourself thank you.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by photo4ron:
                            I realize that our situation is not that that important to alot of people. To us we are about to have our daugther deported. I was looking for somewhat intelligent responses and not crude remarks about her looks and whether she is bangable so Sonof keep your thoughs to yourself thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by photo4ron:
                              I realize that our situation is not that that important to alot of people. To us we are about to have our daugther deported. I was looking for somewhat intelligent responses and not crude remarks about her looks and whether she is bangable so Sonof keep your thoughs to yourself thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                              It is your choice on what kind of responses you focus and answer.

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/1...10535041#88610535041

and look into the last two entries

good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs