Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa

I arrived in US on July 11, 2006 on H1B, valid until July 10, 2009. With Company "A" worked with them for near about 2years during that time they never paid my taxes, nor Social Security, nor I have given any pay slips. When I learned I asked him I can not work under this conditions my salary was fixed $35,875.00 per year, but only paid $900.00 per month. Working from 7.00am to 9.00pm with one hour lunch. no day off 7 days a week.
    I told him I can not work any more. I found another employer I file the I-539 for transfer of my visa from one company to another. Which is still pending with the uscis.
    The second company is also the same.
    One of the local born usc want to open the restaurant and trying to find out what he will have to do in order to engaged in the business.

11) Since my visa is still valid can I travel to my home counrty for two weeks. to see my family.
    Please help me in this regards.
    Thank you.

I arrived in US on July 11, 2006 on H1B, valid until July 10, 2009. With Company "A" worked with them for near about 2years during that time they never paid my taxes, nor Social Security, nor I have given any pay slips. When I learned I asked him I can not work under this conditions my salary was fixed $35,875.00 per year, but only paid $900.00 per month. Working from 7.00am to 9.00pm with one hour lunch. no day off 7 days a week.
    I told him I can not work any more. I found another employer I file the I-539 for transfer of my visa from one company to another. Which is still pending with the uscis.
    The second company is also the same.
    One of the local born usc want to open the restaurant and trying to find out what he will have to do in order to engaged in the business.

11) Since my visa is still valid can I travel to my home counrty for two weeks. to see my family.
    Please help me in this regards.
    Thank you.

Comment

I don't think you're serious. Form I-539 isn't good to use to transfer an H-1B status from one employer to the next. In your last post you said you're a restaurant owner trying to hire an Indian cook. Hmn, twist of fate?

Comment

I don't think I said that I am restaurant owner, If I said, I was writing for the 2nd owner.

Then what should I do to get back on the track, if I-539 is not correct then what should I do to correct.
        I will appreciate your help.

Comment

That's what I thought. You posted the question for someone else.

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/5...10622241#58810622241

To port or transfer from one H-1B employer to another, you need to prepare the same petition packet (I-129 plus supplements, LCA form, Business Letter, and supporting documents establishing merits of both petitioner and alien) just like the previous H-1B petition.

Your I-539 for this purpose has been filed and pending? I say, it would have been rejected and returned upon receipt by the USCIS.

(Just an opinion - take it or leave it).

Comment

Since when did dishwashers and busboys qualify for H-1B visas to work in a restaurant?

Comment

SunDevilUSA: You had been on this board for quite some time, You arrived in the US from South Africa,
              on B1/B2 visa and changed to same H1B, and you was waiting for your LPR status. You are the same guy from Arizona.

Second thing I do not want your opinion.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation