Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEBRASKA BECOMES 10TH STATE TO OFFER RESIDENT TUITION TO UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEBRASKA BECOMES 10TH STATE TO OFFER RESIDENT TUITION TO UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS

The Nebraska legislature passed a bill to allow undocumented immigrants who meet the state's residency requirements to receive in state tuition rates at the state's public universities. The legislation passed the legislation and then overcame a veto by the Nebraska governor by a vote of 30 to 15. The margin of victory for the legislation was much greater than expected. Bender's Immigration Bulletin has a copy of the new law.

----------

i would like to say that, after reading it, i thought to myself that maybe i should move to nebraska so i could try to attend college whyle i wait for the amnesty..I stop my education after high school graduation because of my unlawfull status..glad to see states like nebraska doing the right thing
    -------------------------

The Nebraska legislature passed a bill to allow undocumented immigrants who meet the state's residency requirements to receive in state tuition rates at the state's public universities. The legislation passed the legislation and then overcame a veto by the Nebraska governor by a vote of 30 to 15. The margin of victory for the legislation was much greater than expected. Bender's Immigration Bulletin has a copy of the new law.

----------

i would like to say that, after reading it, i thought to myself that maybe i should move to nebraska so i could try to attend college whyle i wait for the amnesty..I stop my education after high school graduation because of my unlawfull status..glad to see states like nebraska doing the right thing
    -------------------------

Comment

I doubt that the citizens of Nebraska believe that their supposed "representatives" did the "right thing."

This is just another example of elected officials being completely out-of-touch with the people who they purport to represent. I hope that the people of Nebraska take suitable action in November...and vote the pandering losers out of office.

Furthermore, any American student or F-1 student paying out-of-state tuition in Nebraska ahould take the university system to court.

In closing, I would remind the Nebraska legislators that federal law prohibits providing in-state tuition to illegal aliens unless all American students receive the same benefit.

Jean2005: Perhaps your uncle...the one who paid $20,000 to have you smuggled over the border...should have, instead, used that $20,000 to pay for your education in Mexico. Now, the human smugglers have the $20,000 with which to finance even more criminal activity...and the America people have paid for your high-school education and likely your college education, too.

DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS NOW...AND BUILD THE WALL.

Comment

Jean2005: It seems to me that you quite enjoy playing the victim. I will remind you that Mexico is responsible for providing you with opportunity...you are NOT America's responsibility.

If you want to go to college, you should return to your country of origin.

If you want to work legally and have a career, you should return to your country of origin.

You are not a victim in this situation.

The American people are the victims.

Comment

I am a victim....ive been living here for 12 + years, paying my taxes, obeying the law, helping in my community, i deserve this amnesty and i dont care what minute-men like you think...obviously, the american public don like racist people like you since all american people supports amnesty..you and the minute-men are in the minority in this..check the polls again, not lou dobbs polls...you are a loser.

You are being a disgrunted loser...i cant wait to see your post when the amnesty is passed in june15th 2006...i will be laughting.

the nebraskan lawmakers did the right thing and the nebraska people are very happy that everyone will be treated equally.

Comment

Jean2005: I bet that you'd have difficulty even locating Nebraska on a map, nevermind actually trying to speak on behalf of the Nebraskan people.

I think that you'll find that the Nebraskan people, like other Americans, want the borders secured and NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Comment

You claim that the american people wants mass deportation, but yet, you fail to produce a fresh poll that backs up your claims...

I could proudly stand up and tell you, confidently, that the american public stands by my side for the amnesty...every single church goers in the U.S stands by my side on amnesty..The majority of the lawmakers in washington stand by my side on this...AND I HAVE THE POLLS TO PROVE MY SIDE...SO WHERE'S YOUR POLLS??!! DO NOT SHOW ME LOU DOBBS POLLS PUNK.

Comment

Jean2005: Please explain, in detail, why you are a victim. I'm interested to know why you think that America owes you anything.

From some of your previous posts, I have learned that your parents handed you to human smugglers whom your uncle had paid $20,000.

Said human smugglers then abandoned you and your seven-year-old cousin in San Diego for a few days.

The American people then took the responsibility for your education and general welfare.

Now you want a subsidized college education also.

Take, take, take...

Comment

You are being a sore loser...I feel like im a christian, i go to church every sunday, i do community service, ive been a A+ student all my life, never gotten into any kind of trouble...so again, why would you want to deport a person that has those statistic...i have no problem if you say you want a criminal out, but not someone that just crossed the border for a better life. Where is your generosity? do you have any?...would jesus deport a guy like me that haven done anyhing wrong?

you need to re direct your anger at the goverment for not blocking the border, not me...I feel the american goverment pushed me to cross the border..if they had better protection of their border, then id probably still be in mexico

Comment

So, now it's the American Government's fault that your parents and uncle conspired with human smugglers?

Comment

Yes, its the goverment fault...you really think the gorverment wanted the borders closed at that time? the answer is no because they know workers are crossing illegaly to fill jobs that americans wont do..the U.S has the ability to shut down the borders, but if they do so, they would lose money...the borders will finally be shut down because of 9/11 and pressure from the public, but you need to understand that people that are already in, wont be deported..

Comment

Your uncle paid a criminal smuggling gang $20,000 to sneak you across the border. This suggests that it wasn't quite as easy as you think.

Where is your sense of personal responsibility that you can't see that your parents and your uncle were wrong?

Comment

12 years ago, it was much easier to cross the border from what ive heard...My uncle paid up to make sure that i get inside safely because the smugglers new their way in, better then anyone.

Listen, this is over with...why you want to argue with me? yes i crossed the border, im not proud of it, but it had to be done for me to get a shot at bein something in the future...if i had to do it again, then id crossed again, no matter what you say...look at me now, im perfecly set up for amnesty...can you imagine where i would be if i had never crossed??/ id probably be starving, looking for food in trash cans somewhere in tiwana mexico.

im glad i crossed the border 12 years ago...im sorry you mad, but you wasnt in my shoes, therefore, you cant really speak about my morality...id do it again over and over and over!!....jesus would not sent me to hell because i crossed a border...if it was up to jesus, there would be no borders.

Comment

Well, jean2005, you and another 12 million of illegal aliens broke the law written by Congress and spent a number of years in the US, working, paying taxes (some reportedly do), educating self and your children, using social services, etc. Now you demand more, i.e. permanent residency and eventually citizenship. Why do you think that immigration law applies only for somebody else who wait in line for years, but you are exempt?

I don't believe that illegal aliens should be round up and deported. But I also object to them gaining permanent residency, unless they get their number at the end of the line and immigrate legally, just like anybody else in the world. The guest worker status (Gastarbeiter) probably will fit the best.

And remember, that economic forces that move people here, may one day reverse and push them out. For example, making welfare much harder to get and to stay on. Then americans will be much more likely to take minimum-wage jobs that are so attractive for illegal aliens now. We won't even need to build a wall...

I wish best of luck to you and another 12 million...

Comment

Funny you mentioned being Christian...If its up to Jesus, would all g-ay ppl be punished? Where's the fairnes in that? But thats what your alter ego albatross seemed to propose.

I would refrain from much more since this is easter and you did admit your mistake & lies before.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation