Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 601- in Vermont

I sent in my I601 in Oct 2007 and it was received in the Vermont office for my spouse who is living in Canada. He overstayed his Visa due to not being able to go back to his birth conutry due to persecution. He is now a perm. resident of Canada.
    I have heard NOTHING from Vermont. I have two children from a previous marriage, my own business in the US, my enitre close famly.

Does anyone know how long this takes???
    What can be done to speed up the process??
    What are the odds of the I 601 being approved??

Please help?
    spick05

I sent in my I601 in Oct 2007 and it was received in the Vermont office for my spouse who is living in Canada. He overstayed his Visa due to not being able to go back to his birth conutry due to persecution. He is now a perm. resident of Canada.
    I have heard NOTHING from Vermont. I have two children from a previous marriage, my own business in the US, my enitre close famly.

Does anyone know how long this takes???
    What can be done to speed up the process??
    What are the odds of the I 601 being approved??

Please help?
    spick05

Comment

Hello spicks05

Welcome to ILW forum

Can you share a little more info.

ARe you a US citizen ? when did you marry your husband and where?

The original paperwork that was filed. I-485, I-130 etc? Was it denied and for what reason if it was?

Why did you need to file the 601 waiver?

ok lets answer these questions and then we will go forward to try to answer yours.

Comment

I am a US citizen, born and raised in the United States. My dad served 38 years as an officer in the US Navy (My dad wrote a letter in my I 601 appeal).

We married in Canada. After we married, we filed an I-130. It was approved. We went to the interview in Montreal and was denied due to an over stay (his visa expired but he could not leave the US and return to his "Russia" -which is now Uzbec-due to persecution. So he applied for Canada and left on his own as soon as he was approved). I filedthe I 601 in July 2007.It was accepted in Vermont in Oct 2007 and I have not heard anything else from their office since.

I contacted my Congresman's office and was able to get additional information, that my I 601 is waiting on Mr. _____ desks and is awaiting processing, additional information may be needed, he may send me a letter, but I would have to wait. That was over one month ago. I was then told there was nothing else to do but to wait.

In the meantime, I'm not getting any younger and we want to have a baby. I will be 40 in June. I feel like I'm about to go crazy and there is nothingI can do.

Comment

We married in Aug of 2006.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spick05:
            " We went to the interview in Montreal and was denied due to an over stay (his visa expired but he could not leave the US and return to his "Russia" -which is now Uzbec-due to persecution. So he applied for Canada and left on his own as soon as he was approved). I filedthe I 601 in July 2007.It was accepted in Vermont in Oct 2007 and I have not heard anything else from their office since. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I don't have most recent information, but it used to take long time for those waivers that are going through Vermont to be approved or denied. About 2 years... I hope somebody may have more accurate info, but I doubt turn-around is bellow 1 year.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation