Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the process to change Consulate for immigrant Visa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the process to change Consulate for immigrant Visa?

I have an approved I-130 with priority date of September, 1997. I left USA in 2002 and moved to Canada as permanent resident.
    In the mean time, when I moved out of USA, I filed for I-824 (Application for Action on Approved Application or Petition ) .
    This has taken almost two years before I got approval for I-824 along with they mailed me a Notice form mentioning if my case will be
    send to Islamabad embassy.

Now, I am living in Toronto, Canada. I would like NVC to send my case to Toronto embassy, instead sending to Islamabad due to fact it is
    taking longer in Islamabad and it may be harder for me to qualify for I-601.

I am trying to contact NVC but I am not having any luck to get someone on phone for last few days, I would highly appreciate, if one could share his/her knowledge regarding redirecting my case to Toronto US Cosulate without going to hurdle of filing I-824 again.

I have an approved I-130 with priority date of September, 1997. I left USA in 2002 and moved to Canada as permanent resident.
    In the mean time, when I moved out of USA, I filed for I-824 (Application for Action on Approved Application or Petition ) .
    This has taken almost two years before I got approval for I-824 along with they mailed me a Notice form mentioning if my case will be
    send to Islamabad embassy.

Now, I am living in Toronto, Canada. I would like NVC to send my case to Toronto embassy, instead sending to Islamabad due to fact it is
    taking longer in Islamabad and it may be harder for me to qualify for I-601.

I am trying to contact NVC but I am not having any luck to get someone on phone for last few days, I would highly appreciate, if one could share his/her knowledge regarding redirecting my case to Toronto US Cosulate without going to hurdle of filing I-824 again.

Comment

I believe it is Montreal that processes IV for canadians. This US Consulate should accept your case as non-discretionary, because you are canadian permanent resident (and have approved I-824, even though with different consulate on the approval notice).

See http://shusterman.com/cgi-bin/ex-lin...telegrams.html

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed