Problems with discussion board

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When it comes to multiple ID's I don't see it being a problem except when the purpose of it is to hurl insults and avoid accountability. Publicly divulging personal information about another poster is a definite cause for immediate and permanent suspension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with these points. However, why does a person need an alter id unless they are trying to hide something or play some game? There's been too much of this going on lately. I'm sure the technology exists to curb this problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. Technology only goes as far, and it cannot pass a human judgement.
    If Sam wants this discussion board be open to new posters which come in droves every day, technology is not capable of making judgements which new ids are genuine or multiples. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Disagree!!!! Your ID becomes your Laptop IP.
    When you sign up in order to post you must verify your E-mail address or enter codes in the verification box. This poses problems for multiple terminal access, Blackberry's, PC, Mac, Server Interface, I Phone, Etc. Could Limit 2 ID's per????
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I Disagree!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PM Sam with any tips you may have, or you could give him links and sites he could use for reference.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When it comes to multiple ID's I don't see it being a problem except when the purpose of it is to hurl insults and avoid accountability. Publicly divulging personal information about another poster is a definite cause for immediate and permanent suspension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with these points. However, why does a person need an alter id unless they are trying to hide something or play some game? There's been too much of this going on lately. I'm sure the technology exists to curb this problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. Technology only goes as far, and it cannot pass a human judgement.
        If Sam wants this discussion board be open to new posters which come in droves every day, technology is not capable of making judgements which new ids are genuine or multiples. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Disagree!!!! Your ID becomes your Laptop IP.
        When you sign up in order to post you must verify your E-mail address or enter codes in the verification box. This poses problems for multiple terminal access, Blackberry's, PC, Mac, Server Interface, I Phone, Etc. Could Limit 2 ID's per???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MIR, what kind of nonsense. An email address is not connected to your computer in any way, which you've proven in your next sentence. One person may be using different devices to access internet, and the only way to verify is IP address.
        Some IP addresses are dynamic, as Sam mentioned someone is using Verizon (and I know who ), thus so a moderator judgement is the ultimate verification pass.
        There is no technology available to discern whether new registration is a new poster or a double.

Today Sam you could delete the following identities: .sonofmichael, SonofMicheal (-ea), TruthRevealed, Satan, and be sure those are multiple troublemakers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These Emmoticons are so cool!!! Let me do it again
        they put them here for a reason!!!

P.S. SAM, we need more Emmoticons please.

IP, there are approx. 4 Regular posters here that are so very Advanced in Software Engineering and Computer Sciences. Give it Up and Lets make positive changes that can benefit all posters.

Your IP address Is Irrelevant!!! Somewhere Along your travels Your Computer Identification Has Already Been Logged!!!! How Many do you have??? You Cannot Change It!!!
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sam U. of ILW.COM:
          Thanks to the many responses on this thread already. As to moderation by a volunteer, lets hold off on that for now. At least until I get the problems cleaned up.

The two topics I seem to glean here are multiple IDs and off-topic posts.

As to multiple IDs, this is quite hard to police, since some folks use Verizon dynamic IPs, and similar ISP services.

As to off-topic posts, spam is clearly out of bounds here. I do agree that posts should be on immigration, but we have in the past defined immigration generously, to include discussion of immigration policy and politics. I will look closely at this point tho, since it may be that folks are posting political discussions outside of immigration here. That's not right, especially if there is a lot of objection.

Once again, lets wait on the moderator volunteers. So, back to specific problems. Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Sam,
          The biggest problem, besides what has already been posted, is the very ambiguious forum rules currently in place. There needs to be improvement, which will make moderating easier.

There will be no excessive use of profanity.specific examples of profanity will need to be provided

There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.

There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. [See iperson posts as an example]

Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.

****ography, Warez, or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.

All posts are property of the poster. This forum and all web sites owned in conjunction with this forum have the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive post. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable.

Users may not argue a moderators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a moderator must first address the moderator in question via PM. If the problem can not be resolved, then the moderator and user must send their positions to the forum admin. The forum admin will make or change any and/or all final decisions.

Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other topics and see where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum, it will be moved by a moderator.

If a topic is recognized as being posted in the wrong forum, or if the post is a violation of our guidelines then please contact a moderator either via PM or the 'report post to moderator' feature; please do not respond publicly to the member - a member of staff will do what is required upon contact. Any person/s who attempt to present themselves as a Moderator by posting negatively to a member's topic (which has been posted in error and requires locking or moving to another forum) will be sent a PM warning and placed into moderation queue upon further actions.

Violation of any of these rules will result in consequences determined on a case-by-case basis.

Sam, we tried it your way. Now it is time to try a different approach. This will help and should be implemented. Otherwise, you are just playing "politics."
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:

IP, there are approx. 4 Regular posters here that are so very Advanced in Software Engineering and Computer Sciences. Give it Up and Lets make positive changes that can benefit all posters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But all new posters are verified by email address already. What does that change??
            You can have hundreds of email addresses, like some do here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Variances In The Process!!! Some Verify only your E-mail Address, Many of new Capture your Computer ID when you Confirm by Clicking!! OUCH!!!!

Comment

IP, there are approx. 4 Regular posters here that are so very Advanced in Software Engineering and Computer Sciences. Give it Up and Lets make positive changes that can benefit all posters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But all new posters are verified by email address already. What does that change??
              You can have hundreds of email addresses, like some do here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Variances In The Process!!! Some Verify only your E-mail Address, Many of new Capture your Computer ID when you Confirm by Clicking!! OUCH!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, again, tell Sam all about it, MIR.

Things around here will change, either by Sam's own corrective measures or by the action of law enforcement. But they will change, hopefully, and that's a good thing.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Houston:

Variances In The Process!!! Some Verify only your E-mail Address, Many of new Capture your Computer ID when you Confirm by Clicking!! OUCH!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, again, tell Sam all about it, MIR.

Things around here will change, either by Sam's own corrective measures or by the action of law enforcement. But they will change, hopefully, and that's a good thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THEY ALREADY KNOW!!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">THEY ALREADY KNOW!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

A computer id? What is that? You mean type of a browser I guess and operating system, which analytical traffic tools already show. If not, what is a computer id? I haven't heard of it yet, as there is no such thing as computer id. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are some pretty sophisticated tools available to pinpoint a person's exact location. Not available to most, but do exist.

Comment

My Last Posting on this thread/Topic!!!

Your Mobile phone has an Identification and only ONE for each and every!!! Your Pc,Mac, etc. Is No Different!!! This Should be the time for all to Re adjust and Start Over!!!! Like Monopoly and you land on your second chance!!!

Comment

hahahahah, this is the joke of the weekend, SOM is nominating himself and not only that, Fed and iperson are ready for a backup and say what, they are lecturing us some terms on peace, hahahahahahah,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                          Not macintosh, Media Address Control address. There is a way to get it using address resolution protocol. The idea was to assign a specific address to each piece of hardware. Those can be spoofed but it isn't easy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe that any network would be able to sniff out such sensitive data. Devices also are protected from such attempts, which are illegal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The FBI can find anyone. Just a heads up.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other topics and see where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum, it will be moved by a moderator.

If a topic is recognized as being posted in the wrong forum, or if the post is a violation of our guidelines then please contact a moderator either via PM or the 'report post to moderator' feature; please do not respond publicly to the member - a member of staff will do what is required upon contact. Any person/s who attempt to present themselves as a Moderator by posting negatively to a member's topic (which has been posted in error and requires locking or moving to another forum) will be sent a PM warning and placed into moderation queue upon further actions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, but we only have one forum here, so these rules wouldn't apply.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                              Not macintosh, Media Address Control address. There is a way to get it using address resolution protocol. The idea was to assign a specific address to each piece of hardware. Those can be spoofed but it isn't easy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe that any network would be able to sniff out such sensitive data. Devices also are protected from such attempts, which are illegal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The FBI can find anyone. Just a heads up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's moderating ilw has got to do with FBI?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I already said there are very sophisticated tools available to locate people. They are not available to commoners such as ourselves, but they are out there. They can pinpoint your precise location. In very short order, I might add.

Comment

if there is any manager to this website, the one who owns it should fire him/her without even a regret letter. this is how we do business in America to solve a problem!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation