Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-130 processing time

Hello, I've got quick question?? What's the I-130 processing time in Florida? If a lawful permanent resident files for his husband or wife??

Hello, I've got quick question?? What's the I-130 processing time in Florida? If a lawful permanent resident files for his husband or wife??

Comment

according to the latest uscis processing times,,its takeing almost 3 years just to get ur i-130 approved,but if u were a usc then it will take anytime between 6 to 8 months ,,and i dont know about florida,,there is no service center in florida,,so ,ur ganna have to file it at the either california sc or msc ,,but iam not sure about where exactly,,so,,the 3 years processing is according to the csc..good luck

Comment

Impossible to project, unless you know exact number of applications filed since "currently processing date", which you would then have to divide on CAP numbers allocated to F2Bs (assuming USCIS processed them all instantly - as visa numbers became available, which they don't), yet another impossible task because numbers can fluctuate under the current formula which adds certain number of visas to allocated CAP numbers if they are not used to the limit in some other categories.

What you can check on is how long ago people whose cases are being processed now were petitioned by their LPR spouses.

Very rough, "off the top of the head" estimate would probably be 9-10 years for those applying today, with backlog increasing as the number of LPRs filing for their relatives keep increasing in proportion to overall increase of LPRs who are traditionally marrying people from their country of origin (this is particularly affecting Indian immigrants who came here in 1990s as programmers and who now , as newly established LPRs, would like to go back to India ,to engage and bring their native brides).

Filing I-130 for LPR spouses makes little sense, unless the LPR has no intentions to file and eventually become a USC.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...9to10 years!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was a 'guestimate'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">what about the spouses for us citizens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as it takes the USCIS to process the application (the USC spouses are not subject to CAP limits).

Comment

darn, that's messed up!!!!!
            thanks for the responds!!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources