X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing Immigration Judge (I-751)

Anyone experienced this?

I'm divorcing my US citizen husband. I called USCIS and they told me that if my divorce is final before my conditional green card expires, I can submit I-751 with waiver.

If my divorce is not final by the time my condition green card expires, I will receive a removal letter notice and be seeing an immigration judge. At that time, I would have to answer the judge why I divorced and the judge will decide whether he/she let me submit I-751 or I will be deported.

So, if anyone wants to divorce, do it fast.. time is running out.

Anyone experienced this?

I'm divorcing my US citizen husband. I called USCIS and they told me that if my divorce is final before my conditional green card expires, I can submit I-751 with waiver.

If my divorce is not final by the time my condition green card expires, I will receive a removal letter notice and be seeing an immigration judge. At that time, I would have to answer the judge why I divorced and the judge will decide whether he/she let me submit I-751 or I will be deported.

So, if anyone wants to divorce, do it fast.. time is running out.

Comment

Leyna,
      you got this one wrong.
      U should know and remember,regardless if you are married or divorced.If someone sents the I-751 application in late to remove the conditions,they'll all (EVERYONE) will receive a denial letter and that order to remove process aka seen an Immigration Judge.

But remember in that caee,you won't be seing the Judge why you divorced etc...it will be about not filing aka late filing.Which the immigration law says to file on time,otherwise you will be denied and removed.

I would try to sent your application with everyhting that neeeds to be sent and add a letter about your situation that you will sent your divorce decree asap when you have it.
      But here is my question,
      when is your divorce final and when does your green card expire?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation