Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-765 EAD Information

I applied for I-765 EAD back on the 8th october of 2003 (receipt date) it has now been 120 days since i sent it. I have phoned the national hotline five times in the last week and they keep saying it is being processed etc etc and should be here soon!!!!! They have told me if I drive to detroit I can get it today, but i live in the upper *****ula of michigan a 12 hour drive away and my wife is ill at the moment so i don't really want to leave her for a couple days, so i phoned my local congress man and he told me that i have to pick up my EAD from detroit anyway as they do not send them in the post!! If this true I will be so mad because I was not told this by anyone I have spoken on the phone too!!! some help please before i go out of mine, do they send them in the post??

I applied for I-765 EAD back on the 8th october of 2003 (receipt date) it has now been 120 days since i sent it. I have phoned the national hotline five times in the last week and they keep saying it is being processed etc etc and should be here soon!!!!! They have told me if I drive to detroit I can get it today, but i live in the upper *****ula of michigan a 12 hour drive away and my wife is ill at the moment so i don't really want to leave her for a couple days, so i phoned my local congress man and he told me that i have to pick up my EAD from detroit anyway as they do not send them in the post!! If this true I will be so mad because I was not told this by anyone I have spoken on the phone too!!! some help please before i go out of mine, do they send them in the post??

Comment

I don't know the answer but hopefully somebody will reply that does know... I'm thinking that I've read that on other people's posts though because some were talking about the long lines in NYC. I may be remembering incorrectly so wait on someone else to reply....

Comment

Some (emphasis on some) local USCIS centers allow people with pending EADs to go in person with the EAD receipt notice to obtain it. However, they can only do this when the EAD application has been pending longer than what indicated on the notice (for example, if the notice says that it takes up to 120 days from date of receipt to process one cannot go to the local office until the 121st day). New York is one of the offices that allows people to do this. You may want to check local procedures for your USCIS office by vising the uscis.gov website.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCImmParalegal:

Some (emphasis on some) local USCIS centers allow people with pending EADs to go in person with the EAD receipt notice to obtain it. However, they can only do this when the EAD application has been pending longer than what indicated on the notice (for example, if the notice says that it takes up to 120 days from date of receipt to process one cannot go to the local office until the 121st day). New York is one of the offices that allows people to do this. You may want to check local procedures for your USCIS office by vising the uscis.gov website.
          hi NYCImmParalegal;
          hope u r doing fine.i need to know how long nyc is taking to process marriage based ead? Below is my timeline:

-sent aos, ead, I130 to nyc offfice 26 federal plaza on september 15th ,2003
          -received noa on september 26th,2003 for aos,ead,I130. But NOA came from NBC/MSC.
          - I did my biometric for ead ,i485 on oct,2003

So, my first question to you is who is gonna process my ead??? local NYC office or NBC?ANd the second question is how long do i have to wait to get my ead?..since its already 4 months for me. any help on the above issues will be deeply appreciated.

Comment

I can tell you in California, after your I-765 has been pending for 90 days, you would be able to go the the local office and get an interim EAD card. For the people that I know, the cases have been filed at the CSC (6 hours away), and they have gone to the local offices in San Jose or San Francisco to get the interim card. This may be different in NY, but it may be worth a shot if you have a local office close by. Take you I-765 receipt notice and a completed I-765 form with you.

Originally posted by NY_Friend:

Originally posted by NYCImmParalegal:

hi NYCImmParalegal;
            hope u r doing fine.i need to know how long nyc is taking to process marriage based ead? Below is my timeline:

-sent aos, ead, I130 to nyc offfice 26 federal plaza on september 15th ,2003
            -received noa on september 26th,2003 for aos,ead,I130. But NOA came from NBC/MSC.
            - I did my biometric for ead ,i485 on oct,2003

So, my first question to you is who is gonna process my ead??? local NYC office or NBC?ANd the second question is how long do i have to wait to get my ead?..since its already 4 months for me. any help on the above issues will be deeply appreciated.

Comment

My EAD receipt said that it will take 80 days for them to process it. It's a NOA from Missouri but my district office is NYC. What should I do? Go to 26 Federal Plaza after 80 days or 90 days like alot of people do? My receipt date was November 28, 2003 and until now I haven't heard from them and even at the website, it doesn't show that it approve yet.

Comment

I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY I-765 HAS BEEN APPROVED AND THAT I HAVE TO GO TO DETROIT ON MARCH 10TH FIVE MONTHS AFTER I APPLIED INTIALLY!! ITS ALSO A 500 MILE TRIP TO MY NEAREST SERVICE CENTER SO CANNOT DRIVE AS MY WIFE IS ILL SO I HAVE TO PAY $500 FOR A ROUND TRIP FLIGHT FOR THE DAY TO GO DOWN AND GET IT. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG I WILL BE AT THE OFFICE FOR, BECASE I WANT TO NOW ABOUT BOOKING A RETURN FLIGHT?

Comment

Whats the EAD based on? I'm surprised they don't just send the documents to you.

Comment

Originally posted by RHYS:

I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY I-765 HAS BEEN APPROVED AND THAT I HAVE TO GO TO DETROIT ON MARCH 10TH FIVE MONTHS AFTER I APPLIED INTIALLY!! ITS ALSO A 500 MILE TRIP TO MY NEAREST SERVICE CENTER SO CANNOT DRIVE AS MY WIFE IS ILL SO I HAVE TO PAY $500 FOR A ROUND TRIP FLIGHT FOR THE DAY TO GO DOWN AND GET IT. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG I WILL BE AT THE OFFICE FOR, BECASE I WANT TO NOW ABOUT BOOKING A RETURN FLIGHT?
                    ..GOOD luck...Finally u got some good news. by the way, are u applied ur ead on the basis of k1?k3??..or employment based ??How did u find out that u case got approved..online?? or they sent you letter.

Comment

Hey Pasha,

I thought you didn't play games??

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources