Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it required to get a new SS card after you get the green card?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it required to get a new SS card after you get the green card?

I Have SS for 8 year since I came as student, it says the " not good for work w/o auth blahblah " , My question is, do I need to get one w/o such saying (is it required by law) since I am LPR now?
    Same question for Drive license as well, even thou I have one expiring on 2011 but it say non-renewable

thank you

I Have SS for 8 year since I came as student, it says the " not good for work w/o auth blahblah " , My question is, do I need to get one w/o such saying (is it required by law) since I am LPR now?
    Same question for Drive license as well, even thou I have one expiring on 2011 but it say non-renewable

thank you

Comment

Hello Hpasha

Welcome to the forum

You are now eligible to receive new soc sec card that does not have conditions written on it. same for drivers license.

Take your resident card to soc sec office to order new one , and also to drivers license bureau for the same.

How come you did not do this when you got your conditional green card?

Comment

Time Can affect Your life! Keep On Top Of The Things You Need To do here! Do Not Put Off For Tomorrow, What You Can Do today!

SS Number Will remain Same, With Conditions Removed. Drivers License Will Also Keep Same Number, Not renewable means You Will Have To Bring Your Whole file Cabinet Of Status Information Etc. To DMV. Start Fresh.
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

The process is now different. It is not the way it used to be. Since your SS was on student visa and now you are PR, you need to go back to your home country, then travel back to USA. When you land, at the check post mention you are now PR. They will give you a form to fill out which will then convert your SS. You might think this is absurd process but to keep the country safe Govt has adopted this new process. Good luck on your trip home, happy journey.
          I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whiteUSCNeedsHelp:
            The process is now different. It is not the way it used to be. Since your SS was on student visa and now you are PR, you need to go back to your home country, then travel back to USA. When you land, at the check post mention you are now PR. They will give you a form to fill out which will then convert your SS. You might think this is absurd process but to keep the country safe Govt has adopted this new process. Good luck on your trip home, happy journey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG! LOL! You Gotta Stop WUSC. LOL.
            USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whiteUSCNeedsHelp:
              The process is now different. It is not the way it used to be. Since your SS was on student visa and now you are PR, you need to go back to your home country, then travel back to USA. When you land, at the check post mention you are now PR. They will give you a form to fill out which will then convert your SS. You might think this is absurd process but to keep the country safe Govt has adopted this new process. Good luck on your trip home, happy journey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG! LOL! You Gotta Stop WUSC. LOL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brother it is true. The statue for this was approved 4 years after terrorist attack . They found a loophole so the patch was applied.
              I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation