Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V visa changes

Has anyone heard of any possible changes coming to the V-visas ? That filing before the year 2000 is becoming more obsolete and is the only restriction blocking many people from becoming qualified for it. So I would just like to know if any of the regulars on here know of any changes possibly coming soon.

My husband who is a LPR filed my I-130 back in Dec 2002 and it has been approved back in late 2005...so now I am waiting on the priority date to become current so I can file the AOS - though I am out of status - so that's gonna be another hurdle.

However - thank you to all the peoplw who do take time out to reply and help others each day.

Has anyone heard of any possible changes coming to the V-visas ? That filing before the year 2000 is becoming more obsolete and is the only restriction blocking many people from becoming qualified for it. So I would just like to know if any of the regulars on here know of any changes possibly coming soon.

My husband who is a LPR filed my I-130 back in Dec 2002 and it has been approved back in late 2005...so now I am waiting on the priority date to become current so I can file the AOS - though I am out of status - so that's gonna be another hurdle.

However - thank you to all the peoplw who do take time out to reply and help others each day.

Comment

if you are out of status, you are a dirtbag illegal...who has ignored our laws and now want some other law to be passed to reward your sorry behind!!!??? No way. Get lost. You deserve a one way ticket back to your own country, since you are nothing more than a visa cheat.

Comment

LPRspouse you don't deserve that comment, and i apologize onbehalf of the board!
        I agree that 2000 clause is obsolate,but unfortunately, no one is looking at GC spouse much, we have suffered silently over the years without compassion from the authorities or immigration supporters.
        After your approval, did it ask you to wait for AOS, cos, normally you should be able to file right away

Comment

LPRspouse- we are in the same situation, but my husband is legally here. I filed I-130 in June 2002 and received approuval in April 2006 and now we are waiting for priority date.
          Nthpole - we sent all papers to Chicago and our demand was rejected. Cause: we need wait for the priority date.
          Question: where and who I may contact to know when it will be a good time to re-send everything back to Chicago? The priority dates dont move.Now, it's 5 years we are struggled with that.Thank you to all for any information.

Comment

To Someone12 - I pity you - and thats all I have to say to you. God Bless !

To Nthpole: If my husband was citizen I could have filed the AOS right then, but he is still a PR so I have to wait for whichever one comes first - the priority date or him becoming a citizen.

To Tampabay: Well at least you were brave to try - I always thought about it - but figured they would turn it back. So I guess we have to just wait our turn - unfortunately it is so long.

Comment

You need to calculate his citizenship date fine and know you may apply three months early. Hopefully things will change for spouse of GC holders soon.

Comment

Tampabay,

Are u maintaining status while waiting, it's very important.

Comment

Nthpole - yes, my husband still maintain status all these years. It's very difficult financial but we do.Thank you for your input.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation