X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About interviewing with BCIS

Hello folks,

I'd like to ask some of you to please tell me specifically the kind of questions that are asked when interviewing with BCIS.
    Marriage based.

** I'd also like to know, what makes them decide that one marriage is not bonafide when the person asking u the questions himself may have a messed up marriage at home?

Hello folks,

I'd like to ask some of you to please tell me specifically the kind of questions that are asked when interviewing with BCIS.
    Marriage based.

** I'd also like to know, what makes them decide that one marriage is not bonafide when the person asking u the questions himself may have a messed up marriage at home?

Comment

The legitimacy of the petioners marriage and INS agents messed up marriage have no relationship.

If one has a true marriage you have nothing to worry

Comment

I just went for my interview last week. All they asked me was my parents names, my place of birth and date of birth. How many children I had. It was basically everything that you filled in on the biographic form.

Comment

Alrighty,
          Thanks for the input.
          About the second question I asked, it was out of curiosity.
          But you are right, there is nothing to be worried about if you definitely have a legitime marriage. I live with my wife so I am sure there is nothing to fear.

I will be going to interview soon so I just wanted to do my homework and be ready for whatever that is why I wanted to know the type of questions that they ask when one arrive there.
          Thanks Ally & Kenny.

Comment

what i don't understand is why people get irrtated when somebody ask what kind of question they would ask at aos interview, even if you're trully married, let's say you didn't see what color the bra or undewear your spouse wore that day and the interviewing officer asked the question, my point is when somebody ask this question it doesn't mean they their marriage is sham.

Comment

I'm not sure how successful you'd be at trying to find earlier posts on this subject but from what I've read it seems that it is better to be overly prepared. If it were me I'd be sure I knew the little daily habits of my spouse that you might not really notice, favorite colors, things, food... You never know what YOUR interviewer will ask. Also, it seems that I read where sometimes they will separate you and ask the same questions to compare answers. Again, if it were me, I'd thoroughly go over each others' histories, where we grew up, religious background, siblings, family names, just about anything you can think of. It's important enough to put some time into. Hopefully yours will be as simple as some of these people say theirs was.

Comment

Jc ...that was good one ....

Well I don't think they ask those kinda question but they might still go into personal details other way so they can prove if there is true / sham marriage ... like

They might give you 2 pieces of paper and tell to write date and time you had last intercourse without looking at each others ... and there u go ....

Comment

I agree with JC .. but Pasha what if the definition of intercourse is not the same for both him and her. I mean If Bill and Hillary Clinton went for the interview would they be in a soup ?

Comment

The key is to objectively look at you and spouse and tell if something is odd. If you feel an outsider will see you as odd (big age difference, no marriage ceremony..just court papers, different race, big difference in socio-economic class, no comingling of finance) you should expect more questions. If you answer poorly to INS questions they would suspect sham marriage and they will tell you that you should hear from them soon. Soon you will receive a second interview where they will question you and your spouse separtely and compare your answers.

Comment

I really appreciate everyone's input in this matter. I will do what you guys suggested.
                      My wife and I do know one another well I hope.
                      She doesn't really talk about her family because they had a problem back then that was never fixed so she ended up moving away from them at the age of 23 and since then she never spoke to them and it has been 11 years now.
                      As for me she knows some about my folks but since they have some long names( African names, she can barely remember them, plus I am from a 12 kids family).
                      We will try to be ready for that day.
                      Again, thanks you guys.

One.

Comment

Dear Dave,

I was being sophisticated in my reply that's why I used that word.... Well I should be straighter and simple ... this is not a guess ... that's what happened in my case .... All right in their words ... they asked " when did you have s e x last time?" write date and approximate time on 2 pieces of paper without looking at each others .... I m sure u don't wanna ask me types .... It includes everything for ur reference ... well they didn't ask me about types... who knows they might ask others

Comment

Boritos la star ivoirienne,
                          Please let us know how it goes, good luck!

Comment

You bet I will.
                            I'll make sure to print on here the transcript of my interview with BCIS.

One.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed