X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit

Hi
    We have our I-485 interview at the end of this month and we should fill I-864 Affidavit
    of Support. My wife was a student for the past 4 years. After she finished the school she got pregnant so she does not have any income and she didn't fill any tax return, because she never worked. We live in her parent's house. Can we use her father as a joint sponsor? If yes, what kind of forms we should fill out(I-864 for her and I-864A for her father OR 2 I-864 one for her one for her father )? Both of us are on her father taxes return. On her father taxes is her step mother too, what number we should write for Sponsor's household size?
    Thank you

Hi
    We have our I-485 interview at the end of this month and we should fill I-864 Affidavit
    of Support. My wife was a student for the past 4 years. After she finished the school she got pregnant so she does not have any income and she didn't fill any tax return, because she never worked. We live in her parent's house. Can we use her father as a joint sponsor? If yes, what kind of forms we should fill out(I-864 for her and I-864A for her father OR 2 I-864 one for her one for her father )? Both of us are on her father taxes return. On her father taxes is her step mother too, what number we should write for Sponsor's household size?
    Thank you

Comment

Help me please

Comment

At a guess, 4, and when the baby arrives, 5 (or 6, or 7...).

Comment

what kind of form do i need?
          form I-864 for my wife and form I-864 for her father
          OR
          form I-864 for my wife and form I-864A for her father????

Comment

please provide more info as to who is the applicant, petitioner, exactly how many peopl.???

Comment

My wife is the petitioner. My wife was a student for the past 4 years. After she finished the school she got pregnant so she does not have any income and she didn't fill any tax return, because she never worked. We live in her parent's house. Can we use her father as a joint sponsor? If yes, what kind of forms we should fill out(I-864 for her and I-864A for her father OR 2 I-864 one for her one for her father )? Both of us are on her father taxes return. On her father taxes is her step mother too(but she does not live we us anymore--for 4 months now), what number we should write for Sponsor's household size?

Please help me

Comment

please read the instructions in from I-864. it is self explanatory. if you still dont understand, please email me at akhan@lawyer.com

Good luck

Comment

Thank you for your help
                  I read the instuction and ....

Comment

i think is one I-864 for my wife because she is the petitoner
                    and one I-864A for her father
                    and the number is 4
                    Tell me if I am right,please

Comment

anna,

I was in the same situation as you are now when I had AOS. If I am not mistaken that is correct. Your wife fills out one and your sponsor another one. I might be wrong coz I did it like 3 years ago. I had a relative sponsor me since both my wife and myself were students at that time. Don't worry, just make sure that your sponsor covers the poverty line for 4 people. Good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation