X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 APPROVED

Hello everyone

Today March 1st 2007, I went in for my I-751 appointment with some documents not allot at all,including pictures and statement from friend about the legality of my marriage to my witch ex wife.
    By the way I applied for a waiver and went in solo at the appointment.

This is how it went:
    She asked me to stand up and asked me if everything I'd say today will be the truth, I said yes. "Duh"!!!

She asked me to sit down and proceded to take my fingerprint and my signature.

Then she asked me to tell her about my marriage, which I did.
    As soon as I was done explaing my life away, she said your new card will arrive in the mail within 3 to 6 months.
    I said okay, she stamped my passport and told me to have a good day.
    I shook her hand and said thank you and walked away.

She didn't ask to see ANY OF MY DOCUMENTS, nothing.
    By the way, I didn't write no 10 pages story, none of that ****. Never had a lawyer neither.
    Wow!! How easy was this.
    Seattle, WA is really the spot for all the immigration need.

Thanks guys for all the info.

Mockson

Hello everyone

Today March 1st 2007, I went in for my I-751 appointment with some documents not allot at all,including pictures and statement from friend about the legality of my marriage to my witch ex wife.
    By the way I applied for a waiver and went in solo at the appointment.

This is how it went:
    She asked me to stand up and asked me if everything I'd say today will be the truth, I said yes. "Duh"!!!

She asked me to sit down and proceded to take my fingerprint and my signature.

Then she asked me to tell her about my marriage, which I did.
    As soon as I was done explaing my life away, she said your new card will arrive in the mail within 3 to 6 months.
    I said okay, she stamped my passport and told me to have a good day.
    I shook her hand and said thank you and walked away.

She didn't ask to see ANY OF MY DOCUMENTS, nothing.
    By the way, I didn't write no 10 pages story, none of that ****. Never had a lawyer neither.
    Wow!! How easy was this.
    Seattle, WA is really the spot for all the immigration need.

Thanks guys for all the info.

Mockson

Comment

congrats mockson, i m in same boat as u,oly problem is i applied jointly i751, got interview call, she refused to come, no divorce yet. he denied my application, told me to reapply in 4 months with divorce and waiver, can u please guide me which all documents i need to collect because a lawyer ****** me up with 2500 dollars for just representing me at interview and making up a case. actually, he scared me saying if u go unprepared, they may send u to ij the same day, but thats not wat happened and it really pisses me off that i paid so much to him for nothing. now he is misguiding me saying , we ll file waiver as battered spouse and add divorce to it wen its final, but i m not at all satisfied with tht and want build up the case on divorce only myself cos battered spouse is difficult to prove even if i was mentallty traumatised. help ll be appreciated

Comment

Congrats Mockson,I'm happy for you man.

when you sent your applictaion though,what sorts of evidence did u inlude? or did you not include nothing and brought few things to the interview?

again, congrats

Comment

Hi guys,

<< Dadehar2003 >> Man I am sorry to hear that you're going through such a headache.
          Listem man, I recommend you file for the waiver and submit whatever document you have that shows you and her on there.

In my case I didn't have much at all but it did it for me.
          This is what I sent in with my applications:

** 2 of the same Energy light bill
          ** 2 of the same Cable Tv Bill
          ** Some cheap life insurance we purchase when together (only $10.000)
          ** Couple joint bank statements
          ** 5 wedding pictures
          ** Statements from 2 of my friends (They didn't really say much in there, just that we were really married and lived together)

That's it and my picture and hoped that served what they needed from me as a bonafide marriage which really it was.

You know at the interview, really BE YOURSELF, relax.. DO NOT SHOW SIGN OF BEING STRESSED, answer your questions slowly and you should be fine and I know for sure you will be.
          Remember you will be talking to a person so relax yourself.

From the time I filed my I485 to today I did it all without a lawyer even though I overstatyed my visa for 11 years..

I hope I've boosted your moral a little and really relax okay...

Take Care

Comment

thanks mockson, so how much time it took from filing waiver to gettin gc and were u able to travel, work during that period

Comment

The first time I applied for my I-485 it took all together from the time I sent in my application to getting my work permit to 1st interview to getting the conditional GC was all together 5 months also.

This time again, for the removal of the conditions on my G.C from the time I filed to being called in it took 6 months.

Yes I've traveled 3 times and I still work actually since day 1.

Take Care

So where are you now in your paperwork?

Comment

as u know from the first post, i just got denial for joint i 751 as my wife refused to come, so officer gave me 4 months to re file 751 after gettin divorce. i m still trying to contact lawyers for strting divorce proceedings

Comment

Man, compared to your evidence u sent.i probably sent 10 times more evidence than you did lol. But its all good.
                  Thats what I am saying,if the marriage was real,there shouldn't be really any worries.

Thats also interesting about your I-485 -to you Conditional...
                  I am not sure,but it took me almost 1 year to get my interview aka conditional greencard.Which truly ****ed...I hated that running back and forth.Since INS center is like 2 hours way too...
                  I know Ohio is really really slow and a year behind as far certain application goes

Comment

Just a quick heads up as it has been so long since I used this site .
                    The last time I logged in here was in 2006 - Wow time goes by really fast..

I wanted to say thank you to each and everyone who had helped me when I had questions.

Today I am pleased to let you all know that I am now a USA CITIZEN and work overseas for an american embassy.
                    I became a USA citizen on July 04th 2010.

This site is great, helpful and to all of you that are still in the imgration process, continue to hope as there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I did it so ANYONE can.
                    Just be honest, DO NOT try to lie and it will be alright even when you think there isn't a way.

Chao!! And to my new brothers and sisters (Americans) I got to say I see why it is not that easy the process but once you reach it, it feels **** good to hold this blue passport and live the dream and work for the country I now dearly love - America.

Thanks again.

Ben

Comment

Congratulations on the citizenship, Ben.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation