X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 A# just a ???

Hi Friends,
    I came to the US in 98 on a F-1 (Student visa) and after a wait of one year I applied for a work-permit which INS approved. In 2002 when I applied for my GC based on marriage I got A#. Now my question is this A# does not match my old A# this is normal right? Of course I have told INS about this on all my forms. Do you guys think they give different A# while on Non-immigrant visa then for a GC ? Just was wondering that is all. Thanks for all you help guys.

Raju

Hi Friends,
    I came to the US in 98 on a F-1 (Student visa) and after a wait of one year I applied for a work-permit which INS approved. In 2002 when I applied for my GC based on marriage I got A#. Now my question is this A# does not match my old A# this is normal right? Of course I have told INS about this on all my forms. Do you guys think they give different A# while on Non-immigrant visa then for a GC ? Just was wondering that is all. Thanks for all you help guys.

Raju

Comment

The A# given to F-1 students is different than the A# one gets with a GC. The correct number to use is the one associated with the GC. Usually it will start with 0xx-xxx-xxx or xx-xxx-xxx, whereas the F-1 A# usually starts with 1xx-xxx-xxx.

Comment

Hi NYCImmParalegal,
        You are absolutely right Yes my F-1 work permit A# starts with 1 and GC A# starts with a 0. I just wanted to know if this was in the case of everyone. Thank you so much for your ever prompt and to the point response. When I applied for my I-485 back in 2002 I put in my old A# cause as you know they say "LIST ALL A# USED" of course now it is all GC A#. Thank you.

Raju

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed