Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atlanta interview

Hi guys! Just wanted to update you on my case. Filed I-485 on 03/07/05. I received 2 letters today, one to go for fingerprints on the 8th of June and the other one for I-485 interview on the 27th of June. My question is, do i need to do another medical examination report (form I693)? They also asked for my past three weeks pay stub any idea why they need the pay stubs? i had already submitted one when I filed in 2003. Please, Please, advise on what else to take for the interview and what questions to expect. Thanks for all your support. God Bless!

Hi guys! Just wanted to update you on my case. Filed I-485 on 03/07/05. I received 2 letters today, one to go for fingerprints on the 8th of June and the other one for I-485 interview on the 27th of June. My question is, do i need to do another medical examination report (form I693)? They also asked for my past three weeks pay stub any idea why they need the pay stubs? i had already submitted one when I filed in 2003. Please, Please, advise on what else to take for the interview and what questions to expect. Thanks for all your support. God Bless!

Comment

sorry i meant i filed on 03/07/03 not 03/07/05.

Comment

if you have submitted medical along with your inintial application, you dont need another medical. If they asked for medical again, that means they have lost the previous one or they are mixed up. In my case i asked my physician to copy the previous medical and put it in sealed envelop and i sent that to them when they asked for it during interview. I got my I551 stamp without any problems. You dont need to spend more money on your medical again!! Your physician wont charge you for photocopying the papers!! Does that help?

Comment

Gaiku, which office is this?

Comment

fresh taco, this is the Atlanta District office.

Comment

Raju D, Thanks for your advise. One more question, when they say you should take ie.Bills/bank act/lease/contract/tax returns as prove of staying together, do they mean they need to see all of them or can one take just the tax returns? And did they ask you for your pay stubs? God bless. Gaiku

Comment

Please take each and everything with you whatever can be the proof of living together. eg; Marriage certificate Original copy, your Birth certificate, kids birth certificate with both parents name. if you dont have birth certificate, school certificate with date of birth date on it. There is nothing wrong in taking some extra papers with you, even if they have not asked you eg; extra set of passport size pictures( please see my previous posts). They are very un predictable at the interview. In my case i did not leave any of my certificates at home!!!! and Interviewr said, you are ready for anything!!! Organize the papers and both of you should know where each and everything is located. because time is limited at the interview. Make a copy of each and everything and give them a copy. and offer them to show the original. Usually they dont bother to see the original. Go with confidence. Be honest at the interview. You will definitely be stamped at the interview

Comment

Please take current job letter and pay stubs for previous 3 pay periods with you. Tax returns for 2004 are a must.May take for previous 3 years. Take all kinds of family pictures showing you together.

Comment

Hi, I also received a letter from immigration to appear for initial interview on August 25.05. I was not expecting it that soon because I filed my papers on 03/26/04 and their website shows that they are processing applications submitted on June 03. I was ready to ask for a travel permit because we are planning to go to my country to visit my family. I don't understand how do they work I am in Atlanta too.....Now, we have to wait until August.... good!!!!!!

Comment

am in the same situation as GAiKU,
                      but my question is, if they stamp my passport can i apply for student finacial aid right away?

Comment

Gaiku.... how was your interview? Did they ask for new medical exams? please update

Comment

First I want to thank everybody who helped me prepare for my interview.

It did`nt go on too well coz first, my usc husband carried his attitude with him and sounded very disrespectful to the officer, and we didnt have most of the things like a joint account/bills in both our names all coz he has never wanted to inculde me in any of this and all we had were individual accounts. his 3 year taxes were said to be not sufficient to support me.... we were interviewed separately.. and when asked why he didnt have me on anything, he said he had me on his car insurance,,and medical. We were later called in and given a letter stating that I need a new co-sponsor, asked to send the car insurance with his and my name on and the medical insurance cards, and all our individual bank statements from 2003 to 2005. she also gave us a yellow envelope with the ins address and the officers name and my alien no and told us to make sure we use that envelope when sending the documents which should not be later than 28th of september. And she said that she will make a decision on my case and will write back after she receives the docs so we will not be going for another interview.

I am almost done with getting everything together. But I am worried about the outcome and wondering how long it will take to get a green card now.. Has anyone gone through these? Please advise.

And to answer williamaria`s question, I did not have to get my medical tests re-done so, if you had submitted them with your application, dont bother getting one ones. Thanks to everyone and please, I will appreciate any advise from you all. God bless.

Comment

I'm sorry to read that your interview didn't go well. It seems to me that you didn't prepare yourself for the interview. First, you had to be sure that your affidavit of support met the requirements, otherwise you needed a joint sponsor as immigration has requested.
                            Second, why didn't you bring the car insurance and medical paperwork showing both names when they ask for supporting evidence of your relationship.

I would say that your application has not been denied..otherwise the official would have told you so.... but it will be delayed.. now you will have to wait for their letter and it will take months I guess.....from what I know, similar cases have been approved

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation