Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illegals, legals, and SSN question

I read that many people in states with large populations of "undocumented workers" are miffed because the illegals burden the schools, hospital emergency rooms, and welfare budgets.
    I am a citizen, and there ain't no way the public school here is going to allow me to enroll my kid in kindergarten next fall without me giving them an SSN. What are the chances of me being treated at a hospital ER without showing a state issued picture id and giving them my SSN? And how do you receive public assistance without a SSN?

How do these services get used without a SSN?

I read that many people in states with large populations of "undocumented workers" are miffed because the illegals burden the schools, hospital emergency rooms, and welfare budgets.
    I am a citizen, and there ain't no way the public school here is going to allow me to enroll my kid in kindergarten next fall without me giving them an SSN. What are the chances of me being treated at a hospital ER without showing a state issued picture id and giving them my SSN? And how do you receive public assistance without a SSN?

How do these services get used without a SSN?

Comment

hospitals don't ask for SSN. Anyone can get an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) and SSN that says "not permitted to work without INS authorization" or use some other kind of scam (filing a green card application based on fake paperwork to obtain a legitimate employment authorization card that you can then use to get a legitimate SSN) to get a SSN. As for welfare, I don't think they are allowed to ask those questions either. AFDC (Aid for Dependent Children) is available whether you are legal or not. No one wants to make the children suffer.

Comment

SSN is not required in public school like in elementary & Highschool.

SSN is also not required in public hospitals the only problem is to wait the long line.

Comment

So perhaps if all the rhetoric, hostility, and politics are put aside the idea remains that why are those who are not citizens of the state elligable for the benifts of the state?

Comment

It is a pathos issue. No one wants to be the hard-hearted person who turns away a sick pregnant woman, child, elderly person because they aren't here legally. No one wants to deprive children who didn't ask to be brought here an education. Also with AFDC, the child was BORN here (most likely) and is entitled to benefits so the fact that the parent is illegal presents a problem. Take that a step further....should you deny housing assistance to an illegal who has 3 U.S. born children who need a roof over there head? The different complications that can potentially emerge would have made Solomon abdicate the throne.

Comment

Doesn't sound too complex to me. You get caught here as an illegal you get a bus ticket back home. Leave the kids here at family services as orphaned/abbandoned or take 'em with you.
              If the parent is enrolling the child, the parent needs to show legal status. An INS officer at the public school during enrollment would fix that complaint in a hurry. Later, he can team up with the truant officer and find all the illegals by looking for school age children who don't happen to be in school. Piece of cake.
              Treat the sick and them send them home. Triage, bandages and ship 'em out.
              The real no brainer is that if you can't support your kid, why should the taxpayer of the state be fleeced.
              Make bringing the kids over a liability, not an asset. Then the arguement for coming over to work has some teeth.

Comment

The real no brainer is that if you can't support your kid, why should the taxpayer of the state be fleeced
                Might want to ask that question to La Raza and other pro-illegal group. I'm sure you'll get an earfull, with extra racist accusation sprinkle on top

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation