Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 751 & N400

Hi every body , as some of you know about me ,I filed I751 in Northern California about 28 months ago and several times got the renewal stamp on my passport.
    few days ago I went there with my wife and talked to them and they said they are extremely behind and busy.
    Then The officer came to us and gave me N-400 form and said that I am eligible for citizenship.
    He then added that if I apply for citizenship it will deffinitley expedite my file and it goes through within maximum 5-6 months , If you have any experience here ,please drop a note ,I appreciate it.
    I have been married to my wife 6 years .

Hi every body , as some of you know about me ,I filed I751 in Northern California about 28 months ago and several times got the renewal stamp on my passport.
    few days ago I went there with my wife and talked to them and they said they are extremely behind and busy.
    Then The officer came to us and gave me N-400 form and said that I am eligible for citizenship.
    He then added that if I apply for citizenship it will deffinitley expedite my file and it goes through within maximum 5-6 months , If you have any experience here ,please drop a note ,I appreciate it.
    I have been married to my wife 6 years .

Comment

Hey doc,

U didn't answer my question in past but I will answer urs ... yeah if u file N 400 it will expedite ur I-751 in a way...coz when u get interview for N-400 ...they will have to proceed with your pending I -751 at the same time too... that's what I read almost everywhere.... Though no personal experience... Good luck... Pasha

Comment

Pasha thanks for respond ,I totally forgot that what was your question from me , Please write it back for me ,I may be able to answer.

I should say that the other day when We went to INS the officer even gave the questions for Citizenship interview and he was very positive that it will be done soon .Seems that I have been waiting longer that anybody else .

Comment

Hi minasa

Thanks for your reply. I asked a question in past.... Well I got residency in this MATCH 2004... if I want to transfer my residency after PGY1 to same residency program in California .... Is it possible to do so? Do I need to get a state license in California in order to do so? Thanks a lot...Pasha

Comment

First ,congratulations about your match result

YES you may do transfer your residency to california,try to keep track of any unfilled positions during your whole first year .

You also can find out about this when you look at the classifieds in ANNALS of Internal Medicine and Also JAMA( Journal of American Medical Association)

Second imporatant thing is that you need to apply for the license in CA which usually takes long time probably 10 months
            And of course you need to update with them.If you want you need to contact them and they will send you all the materials that is needed and then you can start processing .
            the other thing is that you may take your Step 3 which I beleive helps

Good LUCK

Comment

Thanks a lot minasa ... I appreciate your reply....i couldn't get state license in time ...they take months to process....so didn't have many choices to apply in CA .... Once again thank you and wish u all the best....Pasha

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation