future F1 student, please help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    Aneri,
    I know that is your preference, however, sometimes keeping it simple, sometimes too simple, can cause lost opportunities to enter the US earlier and may cause unnecessary delays. But that is my take though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> yeah, you are correct and thanks for bringing that up... I assumed that not attending research during the summer is OK. I was thinking too much about the immigration part.

Comment

Hello All,

Ugh, I'm sorry for making such a confusion and making you guys attack each other. I thought, since I'll be probably hanging out here a bit longer because I may have some questions in the future as well, I thought I would clarify some stuff.
      Ok...lemme see....
      Aneri: yes, that's what I've heard what you were just quoting that if I entered the US on B visa but let the POE guy know that I'm a prospective student, then I could change to F status.
      Iperson: yes, I would apply for F visa within my country, of course, that is out of the question. I just thought that since I already have a B visa in my passport, I would enter on my B visa, and then change my status to F status, having that in my passport as well. Like what Aneri mentioned...but as I said earlier, I'll just forget about this, and just tell the professor that I can't go earlier...
      Sprint: you're smart!!! Lot of people have no clue what that means that someone is a Vojvodina Hungarian.... Thanks! Yes, this is part of Serbia where I'm from, but since it used to be part of Hungary, most of the people are once hungarians who got left behind, and we speak hungarian as well, and all of our ancestors are/were hungarians, and we just got stuck in Serbia, and for political reasons we are Serbian citizens...but we're NOT! Indeed, Serbians don't like us too much...because they know we're hungarian....I'm glad you're actually aware of this...it would hurt if anyone called me serbian!
      Hudson: I'm a "she", hence the "a" at the end of my name....

So, back to the topic: I will just enter within the 30 days period on my F visa, so this thing can be forgotten. Now, I need to focus on applying for an F visa, and mandatory requirements to be successful of getting one. :/ Do you guys mind if I'll ask more later on? Btw, Iperson, I don't think I should start the application process when I don't even have my I-20, nor my supporters bank statements....
      Oooh, and Hudson, I don't intend to immigrate to the US...(that's also why I don't want to win that lottery which my father got me into without my knowledge, and consent!)

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hajnalka:
        Ugh, I'm sorry for making such a confusion and making you guys attack each other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Attack? Nobody got personal... we are just discussing. Nothing for you to feel bad about.

Are Hungarians the majority in Vojvodina?

Comment

Hello Aneri,

I'm glad you guys didn't attack each other than..for someone outside (like me) it totally seemed like it, but I'm glad this is not the case. Anyway, responding your note, I would say that the total Hungarian population is 15 million and out of that 6 millions are living outside the mainland in Serbia, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia....I think Romania holds more once Hungarians than Serbia...not sure though. Maybe, you can check it somewhere via google...I'm just not sure about this...:/

Comment

hi iperson,

I understand you clearly, but I cannot start unless I have the required bank statements as well from my supporters...I don't think it's a wise idea for me to apply when I have nothing in hand yet....but I'll try to file as soon as I can, thank you!

Comment

Hello Iperson,

Thanks for your message again...I guess I didn't really get it earlier that I could start applying for my visa when I don't even have bank statements in my hand at all, and I just have nothing in my hand whatsoever. I thought I can only start my application if I have at least a bank statement, and support documents, and all that. (and of course, I-20) I will start it then on Monday...I'll check out our American Embassy's site what are the steps to take...thanks! You have a nie Sunday as well!

Comment

@Iperson: since you were in the same shoe as she is right now, why don't you actually tell her step by step of what she is supposed to do. Seems to me that she doesn't know how to start and the steps and the process, and instead of you insisting on that she should start as soon as possible wouldn't help her too much. Why don't you tell what forms to fill out first? Can she obtain the required forms over internet, or would she have to go to the embassy and get them physically? I mean, I've read through all the posts, and everybody tries to dicuss each other about if she could enter first on B visa, or not (which was her question as well) but nobody seems to tell a bit on the steps she needs to take. Why I don't write that down? Because I've never been in a similar situation at all, and I don't have the slighest idea how this works...I think you should give her more detail than just telling her to apply the sooner the better...don't you think?
                @Hajnalka: I can ask a couple people at my school who are international students about some things....maybe I can be a little more help than giving out advices...
                Have a good day to you all! And good luck, Hajnalka!
                Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

Just moving this a bit up, so people won't forget about you!

Comment

@Iperson: oh okay...'cause from the forum it totally seemed as if there's no exchange with her at all, and I thought maybe she just left the board already because she realized that no one is actualy willing to help her....glad to hear you guys are in contact then!

Comment

iperson: I've got in contact with Hajnalka....that's not really what I've heard from her...she is IN CONTACT with Hudson...but he/she helps her! So, at least someone is helping her!! (I didn't mean Someone12, LOL!)

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeanine:
                        ...'cause from the forum it totally seemed as if there's no exchange with her at all, and I thought maybe she just left the board already because she realized that no one is actualy willing to help her... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Jeanine, I don't understand where you got that impression. Hajnalka's last post was:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hajnalka:
                        Thanks for your message again...I guess I didn't really get it earlier that I could start applying for my visa when I don't even have bank statements in my hand at all, and I just have nothing in my hand whatsoever. I thought I can only start my application if I have at least a bank statement, and support documents, and all that. (and of course, I-20) I will start it then on Monday...I'll check out our American Embassy's site what are the steps to take..thanks! You have a nie Sunday as well! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It seamed to me that she made a decision which way to go and was planning to check at the most appropriate place how to proceed. How busy the US consulates in Belgrade or Budapest are and how much in advance an appointment should be made... is something she can best find out directly.
                        I don't know how our discussion may have looked to the others, but that's what the forum is for: to present our opinions with arguments and hear from the others. Compared to some threads and posts, I can't see how "no one is actualy willing to help her" here. I wrote what I knew...

Comment

Aneri: thanks for replying...well, to me, it seemed as if you guys were just telling her to apply asap, and that's it. No info on what forms might be needed, or anything. But don't worry, I wrote Hajnalka a private message, and she wrote back that Hudson is actually giving her all these details. She certainly has no idea what things are needed, and how and when. So, ignore my earlier post...I can't delete it, so just ignore it.
                          Thanks for your response tho!

Comment

Hello Jeanine!
                            You shouldn't worry instead of me, I can worry by myself. Really! I'm good at worrying, and that's exactly what I'm doing now..however, I'm lucky enough to be able to keep in touch with some of the members over private messaging, so don't worry. I will private message you though and will let you know how I'm doing, ok?

Comment

@Hajanlka: that's great!!! I'm glad to hear that! And yes, please let me know how you stand, and what steps you take...I might be in a help later when another future international student shows up!

Comment

@Hajnalka: check your email, please! I wrote you! And as I wrote in my email, you could live with me at the beginning of your studies. I live in a one bedroom apartment, but the bedroom is quiet big, so if you don't mind, I can get you a matress, and you could live there until you didn't find an apartment! Woohoo!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation