emmergency travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeanine:
    WOW.....people from West Europe don't need visa to come to the US???? Whatta....?? Very disappointed to hear that....I think I'll just keep myself what I'm thinking of this..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's so surprising about it? USC doesn't need visa to enter EU member states. Similar to the VWP.

Comment

It is practically impossible to get a asylum for a person from Western Europe. For a start, I can't even think of a situation for which anyone would need one. How in the world did the OP manage it?

Comment

I don't think Romania is on the list for asylum. Guess I don't understand the OP's question.

Comment

The OP is NOT from Romania.
          He is from country XY, was granted asylum here in the US, and wants to travel to Romania now.
          He wants to know what papers he needs to file, since he was granted asylum. Are there any special papers or does he just file an I-131... that's how I understood him

Comment

Thanks, Vegado. Sometimes there's not enough information from the OP to go on. I appreciate your help.

Comment

I think OP is not telling the whole truth. He's supposed to be a refuge from western europe but it is OK for him to go to Romania. I never heard of such a case. Something does not add up right.

Comment

Yeah, after reading the posts again, something smells. OP (or Johan since you probably don't know what OP is - Original Poster) you need to provide more information to get help on this forum. Your posts were sketchy at best - no one here has a clue what your issues are.

Comment

Actually, I made the effort to look up he recent postings.
                  He is originally from Romania, fled from there to Austria and was granted asylum here in the US and all that because he is homosexual. At least that is was he said, if it is true who knows. I have never heard anybody needing asylum from Austria because of that, actually I have never heard anybody needing Asylum from Austria, but maybe Austria didn't want to keep him either.
                  I need to take back what I wrote before; I was going by what he wrote in this posting.
                  I apologize!

Comment

Vegado - you sent me on a mission - looking for his earlier posts - thanks! You're on the ball!

Comment

I guess I read enough of his earlier posts to get the picture. Can someone actually file for asylum based on sexual orientation? This is really scarey to me. I'm not into homophobia or anything, but please - can we stop offering asylum to whatever the next problem is? So he's g@y - do we need to add to our population another person who's going to demand equal rights for his same- s - e - x partner? Oh - I'll just leave it - bye!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                        I guess I read enough of his earlier posts to get the picture. Can someone actually file for asylum based on sexual orientation? This is really scarey to me. I'm not into homophobia or anything, but please - can we stop offering asylum to whatever the next problem is? So he's g@y - do we need to add to our population another person who's going to demand equal rights for his same- s - e - x partner? Oh - I'll just leave it - bye! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ProudUSC,
                        I was wondering the same thing and looked it up.
                        Surprisingly, yes, you can file for asylum because of your sexual orientation since 1994. Homosexuals have been officially recognized as a social group and therefore do qualify for asylum.Of course they have to proof that they would be harmed because of their sexual orientation, but yes it is possible.
                        Very interesting.

Comment

As if U.S. is safer for homosexuals than Austria or even Romania?!?!?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vegado:
                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                            I guess I read enough of his earlier posts to get the picture. Can someone actually file for asylum based on sexual orientation? This is really scarey to me. I'm not into homophobia or anything, but please - can we stop offering asylum to whatever the next problem is? So he's g@y - do we need to add to our population another person who's going to demand equal rights for his same- s - e - x partner? Oh - I'll just leave it - bye! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ProudUSC,
                            I was wondering the same thing and looked it up.
                            Surprisingly, yes, you can file for asylum because of your sexual orientation since 1994. Homosexuals have been officially recognized as a social group and therefore do qualify for asylum.Of course they have to proof that they would be harmed because of their sexual orientation, but yes it is possible.
                            Very interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I guess I just have to reserve judgement on this. I'm having a hard enough time absorbing this immigration stuff - let alone add in the homosexual element. Baby steps for me, please!

Comment

well, let me see, first you need to learn English, 'cause frankly... what the **** did you try to say? and second
                              to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SICKOFILLEGALS:
                                well, let me see, first you need to learn English, 'cause frankly... what the **** did you try to say? and second </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a perfect command of the English language - why don't you?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation