Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-3 denied!

hey. this is really brife. My friends husband was denied K-3 visa from morocco. reason for denial was " failer to prove bonifide" marriage. the case is being sent I think to USICS. anywho. she wants to file CR1. will her husbands CR1 likely to meet the same fate? what I can tell you that apprently in the interview he did not speak english well. requested a translater. note* spouse is not moroccan. she dont speak the native tongue. there is also generation gap. she 50 something he is 30 something. think she said 22 year gap.
    if you can answer this for me. I can let her know.

hey. this is really brife. My friends husband was denied K-3 visa from morocco. reason for denial was " failer to prove bonifide" marriage. the case is being sent I think to USICS. anywho. she wants to file CR1. will her husbands CR1 likely to meet the same fate? what I can tell you that apprently in the interview he did not speak english well. requested a translater. note* spouse is not moroccan. she dont speak the native tongue. there is also generation gap. she 50 something he is 30 something. think she said 22 year gap.
    if you can answer this for me. I can let her know.

Comment

I would incline to say yes, unless there're substantial evidence that they can submit to prove otherwise. They might also get lucky and get a nicer interviewer as well, you'll never know for sure. In the meantime, beef up the husband's english by all mean.

Comment

I will tell her what you said. thanks.
        let me ask this. once her petiton goes back to USICS. I am thinking they might interview her reguarding the petition? am I right about this? also one thing will the husband get the opportunity for interviewing once more?

there are other little details regaurding her case that we have talked about. some examples I think worked against them was Lack of phone bills and chats. < I would have never walked in the interview empty handed >
        apprently they had like 3 pics of them.

Comment

I doubt she'll get interviewed or paid a visit by the local law enforcement of any kind, unless they suspect her to participates in some serious visa fraud. Husband won't get interviewed again since they already decide to reject the visa. That won't ban him for trying to apply for another K3/CR1 visa though.

3 pics?? Thats it?? I would've brought a photo binder/alb-um or something, tons of letter/correspondence,etc. Just imagine the interviewer position if all they've to work with is 3 pics.

Comment

well I had to interview for my husbands I-130 petiton. here in dallas. I am USC. they had questions about my petition. I got approval. I know first hand USCs can get interviewed and I have known people to get visited by ICE.

I told her if they decide to interview her be very well prepared. hopefully they give him another interview too.

Comment

so she should go for CR1- for him ?
              he got denied I think sometime last month.

Comment

Yes, but his K3 isn't pending or anything like that, its already been denied. They already decided that the fact is enough to deny his without the need to investigate the matter further (interviewing the wife). Its highly unlikely they'll commit resources for such.

Why don't they check with the embassy directly and ask for advice what other type of information that they can bring to help the process? Being courteous never hurt.

Comment

hi im the one that shonjaved is talking about, he received a paper stating, 221g, being sent back to bcis, for further review of the validity of the relationship, and told him, they would contact him within 3 months. he did not talk in english, used a translator, but does talk some english. he had all the documents there, but, i think he became too nervous, did not know what to answer on a question about why i had left a job paying more, for one that paid less. my congressman is also involved, but they havent found anything more than what i know, it is going back to Missouri service center, thats all i know right now

Comment

I agree fully. she said she will visit her husband in DEC.
                    so far she has involved her congressman.
                    only to hear what she already knew. I think her reason for contacting her congressman was to request another interview for him.

Comment

by the way, i did email the embassy 3 times, they did not respond, and, they did not give the precise reasons for this rejection

Comment

Does the 221(g) mention anything about the visa being denied?

Comment

Congressman can't interfere with the State Dept procedures and decision. All they can do is to find out the status. However, a nice letter of recommendation/support from the congressman office will be a nice valuable tool in the interview. Obtaining one is a different matter though. Try calling to the embassy number directly. As an USC, you've the right to talk to them.

Also, if the 221(g) refusals doesn't state anything about being denied, then his K3 visa apps hasn't been denied. They just need more time to do further verification, research, etc (hence the 3month time).

Comment

here is exactly what it says: this office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following sections of the immigration and nationality act, the information contained in the paragarphs marked with X pertain to your visa app. section 221g which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose app does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issured pursuant therein, the following remarks apply to your case. your case is being returned to the dept of homeland security bureau of citizen ship and immigration services, bcis, for a further review of the validity of the relationship. andy further inquiries shoudl be directed to the bcis office where the petition was filed

Comment

you see, it says for a FURTHER review of the validity of the relationship. i cant think that they will kill this before they ask more questions. am i wrong here?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation