X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a question regarding married with Asylee

Hello,

My boyfriend was granted the asylum status in 2003 and he has been waiting for his green card for 4 years now, but does not have it yet. If I (currently on H1-B non-immigration visa) get married with him, would I obtain some kind of legal status and work permission (such as EAD)to remain in the U.S under this marriage?

Thanks, appreciate that!

Hello,

My boyfriend was granted the asylum status in 2003 and he has been waiting for his green card for 4 years now, but does not have it yet. If I (currently on H1-B non-immigration visa) get married with him, would I obtain some kind of legal status and work permission (such as EAD)to remain in the U.S under this marriage?

Thanks, appreciate that!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheila11:
      Hello,

Thanks, appreciate that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please Provide Everything!!!! Contribute Your Entire Story!!!! It Really Does Make a Difference!
      USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

If he is already approved for residency, then you can apply to adjust status once you marry. If he has not been approved, you can be added to his application as a spouse. Consult an attorney for the details.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
          If he is already approved for residency, then you can apply to adjust status once you marry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Spouses of permanent residents, can not just apply to adjust status. There is a long waiting line; about 5 years from the petition. In the meantime, one can't get status or EAD based on that.

Comment

Aneri:

Thanks for your great help! I appreciat that so much!

Based on what you said, even I get married with him, I still have to maitain my H1B stutas individually, about 5 years from the petition. In the meantime, I can not apply for EAD based on that. Originally I thought I can apply for EAD at least.....

Sheila

Comment

Wrong about that, spouses of LPRs can get EAD as can spouses of asylees. As a matter of fact, it is easier for spouces of asylees. Just get yourself added to his application as a spouse.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation