Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services

Some time in Nov. 2004 uscis announces address chage for certain immigration filings beginning Dec. 01, 2004.
    USCIS announced that in compliance with a Federal Register notice published in November 19, individuals filing certain appliactions with uscis should mail their forms directly to the Chicago Lockbox instead od submitting them to their Disttrict Office.

These forms include:
    1- Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status(Family Based Adjustments Only):
    2- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization:
    3- Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.

How uscis is accepting the above forms without the approval of I-130 for the adjustment of Status.

Will appreciate information on the above.
    Thank you.

Some time in Nov. 2004 uscis announces address chage for certain immigration filings beginning Dec. 01, 2004.
    USCIS announced that in compliance with a Federal Register notice published in November 19, individuals filing certain appliactions with uscis should mail their forms directly to the Chicago Lockbox instead od submitting them to their Disttrict Office.

These forms include:
    1- Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status(Family Based Adjustments Only):
    2- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization:
    3- Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.

How uscis is accepting the above forms without the approval of I-130 for the adjustment of Status.

Will appreciate information on the above.
    Thank you.

Comment

If uscis is accepting applications forms I-485, I-765 and I-131.
      I can understand due to backlog of I-130 they want to get all ready and once the I-130 is approvable send the pacakge to beneficary to complete the process.
      If he is filing I-485, I765,it ok, Why they need Form I-131 from the Alien who is not an LPR even.
      Any comments please.

Comment

US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has a business arrangement with the U.S. Department of the Treasury (USDOT) which takes advantage of a Lockbox Depository Agreement between USDOT and Bank One, NA.

Under this agreement, Bank One provides lockbox imaging and check collection and processing services, as well as systems development services, for Adjustment of Status (AOS) applications and payments to USCIS. These services are provided at Bank One's facility in Chicago, Illinois (hereinafter, the "Chicago Lockbox").

USCIS maintains a small staff at the Chicago Lockbox, known as the Case Resolution Unit, to resolve certain problems encountered by Bank One in reviewing and receipting AOS applications. Currently the Chicago Lockbox receives AOS applications and any related ancillary petitions/applications which have been sent by the public to selected USCIS District Offices, a process commonly referred to as "indirect filing." With indirect filing, cases are shipped between USCIS locations at least 3 times before they are adjudicated. First, participating District Offices receive the cases from customers and ship them to the Chicago Lockbox for processing by Bank One. Next, cases successfully processed by the Chicago Lockbox are shipped to the USCIS National Benefits Center (NBC) in Lee's Summit, Missouri, for further processing and creation of the alien or "A" file. Finally, the NBC ships the cases back to the originating District Office for final adjudication.

Beginning on December 1, 2004, USCIS will switch to "direct filing" by modifying its procedures to allow immigration customers to file certain cases directly at the Chicago Lockbox. See 69 FR 67751 (Nov. 19, 2004). This change will cover the entire country, not just the select Districts currently forwarding cases to the Lockbox, and it be implemented in two stages, with Phase One beginning in December and Phase Two beginning in April 2005. USCIS believes that this lockbox arrangement is the most efficient system for receiving fees and initial processing, and it has expressed concerns about having District Offices receive money from customers, which was standard practice before the Chicago Lockbox was established.

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...4/04-25679.htm
        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

the answer is in "certain immigration filings".

Immediate realatives of USC (spouse, child under 21 and parent) can submit I-130 and I-485 at the same time since they don't have to wait for the immigrant visa number. The I-130 is approved at the interview and then the adjustment of the status is done immediately after.

Employment authorisation and travel document are in general approved before the interview date and allow the alien to work and travel outside the US while waiting for the interview to become LPR.

Again, that's available only to immediate relatives of USC.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation