Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK500,

That is true... u r right.... Coz affidavits we got to send them in original....but as OP said...they didn't send any affidavit ...that's why 4now wrote like that.... Well I made 2 original copies of each affidavits and signed by people and notarized stamp ...so I still have another original copy if something happens in future and they want to look at it....have a great day...Pasha

Comment

Pasha,

thanks for your reply. And thats a good idea what you did, keeping another original of affidavit.

Comment

Hey all,

We went to our interview yesterday, and it was another joke. We got there early, our interview was at 12:30pm we showed up at 11am. The guard who lets people in the dorr told us to go eat lunch and then come back at 12:15pm. We ate lunch at a place nearby and went back, we waited for 20 minutes and then they called us in.

The swore us in (they didn't separate us) and then he told us that we were going to go over the the I-751 form.

He did get photo ids fist with our current names and addresses on them.

He asked us our names, our birthdays and social security numbers and our address.

He asked if any kids, we said no.

Then he asked for stuff we had jointly since Eric got his GC.

I gave him stack of papers that were bundled together and labeled.

This is all we took:

Health insurance papers
        Car insurance
        taxes filed jointly for 4 years
        A bill for new flooring for our house (he told us we got a good price on the flooring)
        Cell phone bill

* I also brought the following things but he didn't look at them because he said what was above was more than emough info

letters that were sent to us in their original envelopes
        invitations to firends weddings for both of us
        pictures of our pets
        pictures of us with his family and mine
        letters we wrote eachotehr while dating
        anniversary cards and valentines cards we wrote to each other

Overall though there were no problems and he said he approved the request and we should be getting a new GC in a couple of weeks and he stamped the passport showing the i-751 was approved.

Overall I am greatly releived and Eric can apply for citizenship now.

Thanks for all your info and support though.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR COMING BACK TO POST YOUR EXPERIENCE!

Comment

Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing!
            :-)

Comment

Hey! You don't HAVE to have affidavits from friends?

I'm such a *****, we don't HAVE any friends. Don't want any either.
              Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

congratulations and thanks for sharing ur experience....

Comment

Congratulations to you and your husband. That is a significant milestone...

Josephine: In my case affidavits are not practical as all our friends were actually her friends to start out with. Makes it kind of hard to get someone to sign a paper about my marriage as they all will remain loyal to her... So hopefully that will not red flag my I-751...

ARQU

Comment

Congrats!! Now I know that as long as you are well prepared and your marriage is bona fide. It will be ok. I have 2 years to go before filing for I-751. Hope that I wont' get called for interview.

Comment

ARQU:

Do the instructions say something to that effect?

I think that would be a given and shouldn't matter, as she was already here.
                      Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Josephine:

What instructions are you referring to? I was making a general comment about the difficulty in obtaining letters from friends and family when, as an immigrant, my family is no where near here and the friends we had during the marriage were all her old friends. They are not willing to provide letters to me which would in the end destroy their friendship (and loyalty) with my ex.

So obtaining affadavit letters is impossible in situations as these.... Makes a waiver application even more difficult...

Although, I will try to file a waiver if (and when) I am called in for a last interview; however, it is a long shot to say the least as the burden of proof becomes difficult to overcome. Otherwise, I am just putting in time and hoping that my I-751 is not one which is pulled out of the pack...

ARQU

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed