Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father / son with one passport

If the father and his 16 years old son are listed in the same passport (one passport) and both got visa in that passport to visit the U.S, can the son travel alone with that passport to U.S without his father traveling with him?
    Thanks

If the father and his 16 years old son are listed in the same passport (one passport) and both got visa in that passport to visit the U.S, can the son travel alone with that passport to U.S without his father traveling with him?
    Thanks

Comment

Now they don't issue visas in the same passport. The child has to have his/her own passport. However in your case if the principal applicant is not travelling then the child can not travel on his own because the passport is of the father and child can only accompany him as declared in the visa application.

Comment

In order to travel to America, each person MUST have their own individual passport. America no longer accepts applications for entry from multiple individuals using a passport where spouses and children are listed on the primary holder's passport.

In any event, a joint passport is only ever valid for the listed spouse and children - BUT NEVER VALID for travel to America - if the the spouse and children are traveling with the primary holder.

your son cannot USE YOUR passport as a travel document unless he is traveling with you...and, like I said above, NOT for travel to America.

Further, if a person (including the son of the original poster) is at least 16 years old, they MUST have their own passport to travel internationally, and CANNOT travel on their parents' passport(s). Why wouldn't you just get your children their own passports in any case???

Comment

Some country don't issue passport to the individual until they reach 18 years old or before two month before they reach their 18 years birthday.

Comment

Well same thing used to be in our country. For this reason, obviously the minor couldn't and can't travel on his/her own. That's exactly why they don't issue a seperate passport for minors. GL!
            Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

I see no problem since they are related by blood.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macyuhoo:
                I see no problem since they are related by blood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did you come back here? You are one of the reasons I signed onto this board. Your mindless posts are nothing but blather - don't you have anything better to do with your time?

Comment

Shut up! You're not related to neither the father nor son.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                  <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macyuhoo:
                  I see no problem since they are related by blood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did you come back here? You are one of the reasons I signed onto this board. Your mindless posts are nothing but blather - don't you have anything better to do with your time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

You're telling me to shut up? What a low-life good for nothing freak show you are. I've been waiting to lay into you for a long time. So you are on, Macyuhoo. Give me your best! Go for it!

Comment

Woah USC! I thought it was for me....I was kindda shocked because I never meant any harm to anyone. :x Anyways, have a nice day everyone!
                      Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

All applicant for US Visa must have their own passports before any US visa are issued this is the law of the United States.
                        This law was changed some time in 1981, even a new born must have his/her passport to travel.

Comment

This USC said he wanted to lay on you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeanine:
                          Woah USC! I thought it was for me....I was kindda shocked because I never meant any harm to anyone. :x Anyways, have a nice day everyone! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Global B2B Platform

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs