Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

My husband is from Mexico and I am a U.S, citizen born and raised. We have been trying to get him legal for about 2 years now. We just need a sponsor. I just want to know,...why is it so hard to find a sponsor? Also if we have to can we pay some one to sponsor him.

My husband is from Mexico and I am a U.S, citizen born and raised. We have been trying to get him legal for about 2 years now. We just need a sponsor. I just want to know,...why is it so hard to find a sponsor? Also if we have to can we pay some one to sponsor him.

Comment

Can you not sponsor him, or a family relative. or both you and a family relative, It will be hard to find a sponsor, because they sign a binding contract in which they will support the person, for the next 10 years, I am sure some of the senior members here can elaborate more on this subject.

Comment

Employers sponsor foreigners all the time. Is he here illegally? You could always move to Mexico.

Comment

as his spouse, you are his sponsor. Have you filed any papers for him yet?

If you are looking for someone to co-sign Affidavit of support, it is difficult to find outside the family or close friends. Understandable so (look at the Affidavit).

Can you find second job for a while to earn above the poverty line?

Comment

You must get a legal permanent resident alien or a US citizen to co-sponsor your husband. Doesnt necessarily have to be a relative.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TinaNava:
              My husband is from Mexico and I am a U.S, citizen born and raised. We have been trying to get him legal for about 2 years now. We just need a sponsor. I just want to know,...why is it so hard to find a sponsor? Also if we have to can we pay some one to sponsor him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Is the sponsorship because of lack of income from you? As someone said, you can sponsor him since you are the USC spouse, if he came here legally. If it is the lack of income, anyone can jointly sponsor the petition, friend, relative, employer, etc.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation