X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• federale86
    replied
    DAOs can refer to NSFD unit with only suspicions, but they do need evidence to deny. They could have done some data mining to see if your "wife" has another address. Perhaps she really has another home near her job which she walks to?

Leave a comment:

• Theone
    replied
    Drive 45 miles each way to work as a baby sitter

Seems odd by itself.

Add on no license or insurance.

Leave a comment:

• lasimi
    replied
    Don't scare me. Would they do that without even having a second interview? Just beacause the officer thinks that it is fraudulent?

Leave a comment:

• lasimi
    replied
    I don't think there is nothing suspicious. We had all the documents and everything was going well until that question.

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    The driver's license is not it, or her claim to have driven to work has suggested that you two are not living together.

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    Your case was referred by the District Adjudication Officer to the National Security and Fraud Detection unit in USCIS. It is now being reviewed for possible removal proceeding and/or criminal charges. The USCIS must have some strong information that your marriage is fraudulent. What is suspicious about your marriage?

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lasimi:
    At the interview my wife was nervous. She was asked about where she worked and she told the officer that she was a baby sitter and her place of work was about 45 miles distance from our home. The officer asked her how she could get there without having a driver license. In effect she didn't have a driver license, she just had an Identification card and I didn't know about it. I had seen her everyday leaving for work, but I didn't know that she didn't have a driver license. That was the question that we think make the officer put our case ib hold. We had all the joint bills, health insurance, pictures, and other documents, but she never wanted to be in my car insurance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXCELLENT CATCH BY THE USCIS !!! Something so simple and they caught it !!! BRAVO !

Leave a comment:

• lasimi
    replied
    At the interview my wife was nervous. She was asked about where she worked and she told the officer that she was a baby sitter and her place of work was about 45 miles distance from our home. The officer asked her how she could get there without having a driver license. In effect she didn't have a driver license, she just had an Identification card and I didn't know about it. I had seen her everyday leaving for work, but I didn't know that she didn't have a driver license. That was the question that we think make the officer put our case ib hold. We had all the joint bills, health insurance, pictures, and other documents, but she never wanted to be in my car insurance.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    Sounds like your case is being looked at by the marriage fraud unit.

You have not given us reason you think that inteview did not go well. Were there not enough documents or did you not answer questions well?

We can only speculate if you do not give us a more general information of what happened at interview. Was there a previous marriage with alien from the usc etc?

File lost
    marriage fraud suspicion
    something is undetermined in your file.

Only you know which one of these may apply. In anyway, contact your congressman for expediting and if you get divorced at this point or even seperated, it is over unless you remarry with another usc. Take caution on this because if your file is in review for marriage fraud now, it will not go well with another marriage at all. Seek marriage counseling at this point.

Leave a comment:

• mike_2007
    replied
    it means it will be held for a longer or more processing time

Leave a comment:

• lasimi
    replied
    Thanks for your advice. I will just keep waiting, but what do they mean with the term extended review?

Leave a comment:

• mike_2007
    replied
    what exactly went wrong at the interview? how do you know things didn't go well? if they told u they will mail the desicion by mail that doesn't mean they will deny you.it could be messing documents,or request for more evidence etc,,it could be anything or maybe a name check !! and no no no no no it doesn't mean they lost your file !!!! it means they are looking more into it and there is nothing you can do about it at this stage unless if it passed theeir procesing time which they did in your case so the only thing you can do is to get your congress man/woman involved . dont get divorce now

Leave a comment:

• floyd
    replied
    Iasimi, they will probably call you in for a second interview.

At any event if you get divorced you go back to your original status. so, if you were out of status when you filed you will be served with a notice to appear before a judge for a deportation hearing.

If you were out of status, you better hope and pray you don't get divorced before the conclusion of you case.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lasimi:
    My wife is american citizen. We got married on 07/15/06 and had the AOS interview on 01/05/07. Our interview was not successful and the officer told us to wait in the mail for the results. We have been waiting and as of today nothing has come. We have been in the local office about 4 times and last time the officer told us that we needed to wait because they were doing an exteded review of our case. What does it mean? Can somebody told me what is the next step tp take. Our marrieage is not going very well and we are thinking about divorce. What would happen with my case if we get divorced? I will appreciate your thoughts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds to me they made the right call; what do you want them to do?

Leave a comment:

• MakeItRight!
    replied
    My wife is american citizen. We got married on 07/15/06 and had the AOS interview on 01/05/07. Our interview was not successful and the officer told us to wait in the mail for the results. We have been waiting and as of today nothing has come. We have been in the local office about 4 times and last time the officer told us that we needed to wait because they were doing an exteded review of our case. What does it mean? Can somebody told me what is the next step tp take. Our marrieage is not going very well and we are thinking about divorce. What would happen with my case if we get divorced? I will appreciate your thoughts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care To Share Why the Marriage is not Doing Very Well?????
    Has been 2 Years or Less? Whats Up?????

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed