X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff:
    America cannot be expected, and should not police the world or take in everyone and anyone that wants to move here. If people want to immigrate to the US, they need to do it the correct way, legally, according to US law. It's unfortunate some people can't grasp this concept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Jeff,
    As long as the United States has vested interests around the world, both politically and economically, we will continue to be the de facto police power. The problem for the United States is when to police and when not to police. That is the obligation of being a superpower and which the world both envy and jealous.

With immigration, the question is how to use immigration to further the economic prosperity of this country, not restrict it. The collegiate system is our most underdeveloped resources to train and obtain the brightest minds in the world. Other countries know this and have changed their immigration system to continue to draw top scientific, economic, business, and humanitarian minds. So, why has the US not get into the ball game? This is the next battlefield which the United States must win to continue to be a dominant economic and political superpower. Not every country will agree with us, but they will respect us if we are able to win this at their onw game.

Leave a comment:

• explora
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buncco:
    Are you sick and tired of all the people that want to immigrate to America, illegally or legally for that matter? Most Americans are sick of it flushing our culture and lifestyle down the toilet.
    Please come, voice your opinion and support at our discussion board. We welcome new supporters to come and discuss what can be done.
    http://theruckusroom.proboards102.co...rd=immigration </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No thank you. I'm not interested in reading posts from your unwashed masses.

Someome12 might be interested and feel right at home there since MotherGoose calls other cultures 'idiotic.'

Guess who the moderators are? GrannySmith and MotherGoose post the majority of topics!

Leave a comment:

• buncco
    replied
    Are you sick and tired of all the people that want to immigrate to America, illegally or legally for that matter? Most Americans are sick of it flushing our culture and lifestyle down the toilet.
    Please come, voice your opinion and support at our discussion board. We welcome new supporters to come and discuss what can be done.
    http://theruckusroom.proboards102.co...rd=immigration

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    compassion is not the same as ignoring laws...and illegals only want something they don't want to earn by following the rules....so toss their sorry behinds out of America and bring in those who are playing by the rules....NO exceptions... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't believe you even know how to spell the word compassion. This post was not threatening in any way to you or your ideals, S12. You promote freedom of speech, right? Then climb off my back, please. I invoked my right and you are infringing on it!

Leave a comment:

• explora
    replied
    Immigrating to the U.S. is dishearteningly difficult as the writer says. It's obvious he came from an educated family that didn't have intentions of working as cheap labor in the U.S., therefore, applying in the appropriate manner. Not everyone arriving here in the U.S. has come from the same stock as he and his family with the possible chance of emigrating no matter how long it takes. Apparently they had the financially means for the parents to travel back and forth. Most immigrants' families don't even have the money to apply like this family has done.

He's a human rights advocate for his own people I'm sure which is his perogative. I'm sure he's on a mission to fight for family unification since his brother is needing his wife to come to the U.S. They chose not to migrate through Mexico. They chose not to because they wanted to work in a professional capacity without risk of deportation. They didn't intend to come here and do our dirty work. The U.S. has allowed these laws to be broken so I don't agree with his stand about the laws, etc. There's parts of his letter I have issues with. Oh well!!

Leave a comment:

• Dodger5
    replied
    Being a nation of immigrants, many of us are first and second generation Americans that can recall the difficult challenges our parents and/or grandparents encountered in their quest for America. For me, it was my grandparents and the difficulty wasn't just the language barrier.

It has to be difficult and take time, simply because of the massive number of people who desire to come here. More importantly, its not practicable to take everybody!

Right now, my sister-inlaw is visiting us and she will leave on 1/2/08 after a six month stay. In approx. 2 years the I-130 will be reviewed and possibily 2 years after that, she may be permitted to come here as a Legal Resident Alien. She must wait her turn.

Illegal aliens currently here have broken our laws and they must not be rewarded regardless of family ties. The rule of law must prevail or all is lost.

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    compassion is not the same as ignoring laws...and illegals only want something they don't want to earn by following the rules....so toss their sorry behinds out of America and bring in those who are playing by the rules....NO exceptions... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a hollow statement not in anyway near to mean that you welcome any immigrant

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    compassion is not the same as ignoring laws...and illegals only want something they don't want to earn by following the rules....so toss their sorry behinds out of America and bring in those who are playing by the rules....NO exceptions...

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    A repost, and I'm throwing this back into the air, if nothing else, just for its relevance.

Yeah, the word is ambivalence. Throughout history, immigrants (both legal and illegal) are the lyrical chunks of humanity that Americans "love to hate or hate to love." But due to her greatness that radiates away in the global community of man, America was, is, and will always be the magnet for migrants and immigrants whether it be in search of a better life or to be with their loved ones. The same string of events will continue tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, the day after then, henceforth, and for a long, long while to come. Yet, indeed, it's your freedom to accept or be hostile to this fact. But then again, immigrants will continue to build this great nation. And spewing hatred on this forum will never change anything even a little bit, and you know that. But one thing is sure: when you breathe your last, an illegal immigrant will build your coffin, take you to your last journey, dig your ground, trample on it, and spit on your grave afterwards. Unluckily, you don't know it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    You first

Leave a comment:

• Darkforce
    replied
    If you don't like it, get out !

God Bless America and NO ONE else !

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    The article wasn't about opening our borders and allowing everyone in. It simply articulated how difficult it is to immigrate to this country. That's why your reponse surprised me - but, you're entitled to post what you like. Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Sooo if you didn't have any expectations, you shouldn't be surprised when someone comments on this ...or...you didn't want anyone to comment on this article? You should have stated that.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    I didn't have any expectations, Jeff. I simply posted it for others to view. It doesn't necessarily reflect my viewpoint either, does it? It's just an article I thought would be interesting to share. Nothing more, nothing less.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    No more than you venting by paste/coping this article, as it is one sided, or were you expecting everyone to agree with it?

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation