Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~Immigration Officer said...about Returned Husband..con't~

This Morning we found out that no matter what my husband has to file for the I-192 (regardless) in order to enter. The I-601 is also a wavier, ~Does anyone know exactly what for? Becasue the guy told us to file all three at the same time. He also said that we may get a response on the I-601 and I-130 before the I-192.

Does anyone have an immigration contact number for the TeXas area? I would like to call and get a second opinion.

This Morning we found out that no matter what my husband has to file for the I-192 (regardless) in order to enter. The I-601 is also a wavier, ~Does anyone know exactly what for? Becasue the guy told us to file all three at the same time. He also said that we may get a response on the I-601 and I-130 before the I-192.

Does anyone have an immigration contact number for the TeXas area? I would like to call and get a second opinion.

Comment

Well~~~~~anyone have a number to the Immigration office in Texas? Any where i have trying to get as much info as possible. I want more then one option.

HELP!

Comment

Have you looked at the Immigration website?

www.usbcis.gov

Comment

come to think of it, I have been in and out of that website so many times. I will have to look for some numbers. I have the San Antonio number, but no one seems to answer the phone at all. I also have an 800 number, that can't be reached from my area due to the fact I am here in Canada.
          But Thx for reminding me,

Comment

Hi. The I-601 is a waiver for a number of things.

To give a little background - it is a waiver that accompanies a request for residency by either a spouse or parent. It is filed on the basis of "extreme hardship" to the USC/LPR spouse or parent (if the alien does not return to the USA)

People who have

1. commited certain types of crimes (such as those meeting the definition of "moral turpitude"
            2. have a serious illness, such as AIDS
            OR
            3. have been unlawfully present in the USA

must file this waiver in order to return to/enter the USA.

I am afraid I don't know the number in Texas, although I am sure you can get one if you make enough calls - it is a very good idea to get a "second opinion." The correct address for the website is www.uscis.gov. (I think that brandy accidentally placed an extra b in her posting.)

I hope this helps a little...

www.immigrate2us.net

Comment

Try calling the US Embassy in Toronto. They seems to be very knowledgable and saved us a bit of searching when my fiance was looking for advice.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation