X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor visa help!!!

Hello Everyone!

I'm seeking some advice regarding the issue of visitor visa (B-2) for my father, mother and unmarried sister. My father and mother have visited US multiple times in the past. My family is expecting a marriage ceremony of my father's neice in June and wish to apply for the visa, do we require the supporting documents or letter of invitation from the father of a girl prior to apply visa?. How long will it take to get the visa (processing time) for B-2 visa these days? I'd appreciate everyone's insight to this matter. Much thanks

Hello Everyone!

I'm seeking some advice regarding the issue of visitor visa (B-2) for my father, mother and unmarried sister. My father and mother have visited US multiple times in the past. My family is expecting a marriage ceremony of my father's neice in June and wish to apply for the visa, do we require the supporting documents or letter of invitation from the father of a girl prior to apply visa?. How long will it take to get the visa (processing time) for B-2 visa these days? I'd appreciate everyone's insight to this matter. Much thanks

Comment

It all depends on the consulates/embassy. Each consulate have different processing time. Most require prior appointment/scheduling for interview.
      Check here for the consulates website:
      http://usembassy.state.gov/

Comment

I can't help but think that your unmarried sister may have a harder time getting a visa than your parents. If you're from a country with a lot of overstays, then they're not likely to look kindly on an unmarried female, presumably with few ties (and especially if she's coming with her parents).

Comment

achii,
          Which country are you coming from. Marmaduk is correct by going to the embassy ASAP. One item may help is that your parents or your sister, depending on how old she is, could post a bond with the embassy or consulate to ensure she returns. The bond will range depending on how conviced the embassy staff that she will return
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Bonds are not accepted by some consulates. Your sister may very well be denied.

Comment

bonds are not used at all anymore. If somebody's situation or case was that bad, they would be refused.

Comment

first, thanks everyone for responding soon to the situation.

Well, my parents will be coming from Pakistan and age of my sis is 25. My parents had visited US before, do you think it will help in getting a visa for my sister?. She's been engaged here, and my family seek no intentions to let my sis overstay in states rather then attending the marriage ceremony of our cousin. What helpful steps can be taken to get the visa for my sister along with my parents so they can able to attending the wedding as it means important to family. Please advice. Once again, many thanks!

Comment

Your sister is going to need to prove that she has strong ties in Pakistan so that she won't overstay. These ties are things like a job, property, bank accounts, as well as relationships such as spouse, kids, parents.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation