My wife has to leave the country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael your advice to this naiver fellow is not complete.

You should say 'this woman, her kids and her baggage'.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am my wife's second husband and I am a US citizen. My wife was caught coming in the country over ten years ago and was let go because she had her baby son with her. She applied for adjustment of status with her first husband back in 1997 but a deportation in absentia came out so they had to wait for a waiver. Waiting for this waiver took a long time and when it finally came, several domestic violence issues ocurred and they divorced. Now I entered into her life and applied on her behalf; when we showed up for the interview the I-130 was approved but she has 40 days to leave the country and the outlook for her little daughter who was born here in the US is like she will have to remain behind with her abusive father. Basically my family is being torn apart. What can I do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, be glad she and her baby will be out of your life. Any foreign woman who mentions "prior marriage to a USC, baby and DV charges" should raise anyone's suspicions. And any woman, foreign or otherwise, who files DV charges against any man, husband or otherwise, would do so again if she had to.

Make what you want out of my personal experience:

1. Dated a foreign woman I met here in the US.

2. Married her a year later.

3. Wife abandoned me after 4 mos. of marriage and exactly a week from filing her AOS papers. Her reason for leaving me? Domestic violence, not true.

4. No word from her in almost 3 months, until we coincidentally run into each other at a public gathering. I keep away, having nothing to talk to her about, but she sees me, comes over and (this was the extent of our conversation):

Scum: ARE YOU GOING TO THE INTERVIEW WITH ME?
      Me: Are you going to let me smoke that stuff?
      Scum: YOU KNOW I DON'T DO DRUGS!
      Me: You know I don't do fraud!

5. A month later she takes me to court for, yup, you guessed right, domestic violence charges, FALSE ONES!

6. I beat her in court, she's ordered to leave.

Now, if you don't know, DV is a way for a foreign woman to get a green card, W/O her husband.

One option is to keep spending more of your money on her, w/o her spending a dime herself, which doesn't guarantee anything anyway, as your attys. said. Basically, take the risk. The fact that "it's not guaranteed" doesn't sound too promising. Just think about spending so much money and time, hoping this and hoping that, then she ends up having to leave anyway.

The other option is to move with her to Ecuador. After all, she is the love of your life.

And if you want to find out if she feels the same way about you, make her the proposal!

Comment

very good advice...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dmartmar:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am my wife's second husband and I am a US citizen. My wife was caught coming in the country over ten years ago and was let go because she had her baby son with her. She applied for adjustment of status with her first husband back in 1997 but a deportation in absentia came out so they had to wait for a waiver. Waiting for this waiver took a long time and when it finally came, several domestic violence issues ocurred and they divorced. Now I entered into her life and applied on her behalf; when we showed up for the interview the I-130 was approved but she has 40 days to leave the country and the outlook for her little daughter who was born here in the US is like she will have to remain behind with her abusive father. Basically my family is being torn apart. What can I do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, be glad she and her baby will be out of your life. Any foreign woman who mentions "prior marriage to a USC, baby and DV charges" should raise anyone's suspicions. And any woman, foreign or otherwise, who files DV charges against any man, husband or otherwise, would do so again if she had to.

Make what you want out of my personal experience:

1. Dated a foreign woman I met here in the US.

2. Married her a year later.

3. Wife abandoned me after 4 mos. of marriage and exactly a week from filing her AOS papers. Her reason for leaving me? Domestic violence, not true.

4. No word from her in almost 3 months, until we coincidentally run into each other at a public gathering. I keep away, having nothing to talk to her about, but she sees me, comes over and (this was the extent of our conversation):

Scum: ARE YOU GOING TO THE INTERVIEW WITH ME?
          Me: Are you going to let me smoke that stuff?
          Scum: YOU KNOW I DON'T DO DRUGS!
          Me: You know I don't do fraud!

5. A month later she takes me to court for, yup, you guessed right, domestic violence charges, FALSE ONES!

6. I beat her in court, she's ordered to leave.

Now, if you don't know, DV is a way for a foreign woman to get a green card, W/O her husband.

One option is to keep spending more of your money on her, w/o her spending a dime herself, which doesn't guarantee anything anyway, as your attys. said. Basically, take the risk. The fact that "it's not guaranteed" doesn't sound too promising. Just think about spending so much money and time, hoping this and hoping that, then she ends up having to leave anyway.

The other option is to move with her to Ecuador. After all, she is the love of your life.

And if you want to find out if she feels the same way about you, make her the proposal! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easier said than done
          "If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer." -US Pr

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation