Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spousal benefits from wife's sponsor

I have a question. My wife is currently being sponsored by her agency for a green card. She has put me down as her husband on the I130. My question is will we both be given green cards at the same time? Or will I have to wait my turn after she gets her green card? If so, what are the benefits that I may be entitled to being the husband? Thankks

I have a question. My wife is currently being sponsored by her agency for a green card. She has put me down as her husband on the I130. My question is will we both be given green cards at the same time? Or will I have to wait my turn after she gets her green card? If so, what are the benefits that I may be entitled to being the husband? Thankks

Comment

Hi legalized..

a few questions first:
      Are you and your wife in the USA? What's your status?
      Are you sure form I-130 was used in the process?

Comment

Yes we're currently in Santa Barbara, CA. My wife studied IT at Berkeley UC and worked for a computer agency. Last week, they began the green card petition paperwork, and she obviously put me down as her husband. Will we be given our green cards at the same time? Or should I wait my turn?

Comment

As a derivative spouse in the U.S., in an employment based petition, a person is able to file I-485 form for adjustment of status (to get green card) at the same time as his/her spouse, if otherwise eligible (have been in legal status...).

Nobody can answer YES / NO without knowing the details. Yes, you can get GC at the same time as your spouse (employment based) IF a number of conditions are satisfied...

BTW, I-130 has nothing to do with getting permanent residency through employment..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation