•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n-400

child under 18.Got a green card
    When can I file I-400?As far as I know.
    I didn't accumulated any anlawfull presence.
    So can I file it right away?
    elina

child under 18.Got a green card
    When can I file I-400?As far as I know.
    I didn't accumulated any anlawfull presence.
    So can I file it right away?
    elina

Comment

Hi Elina

Is this 4u? Did you receive your greencard????

4 years and 9 months from the date on your greencard. This is when you can apply for n-400.

Comment

but an inbstructions says: A Lawful Permanent Resident for at least five years and at least 18 years old;
        2. A Lawful Permanent Resident for at least three years and at least 18 years old,
        AND
        You served honorably as a member of the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve or in active-duty status during a designated period

of hostilities. You then may apply for naturalization without having been physically present in the United States for any specified periodYou have been married to and living with the same U.S. citizen for the last three years,
        AND
        Your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the
        last three years..
        So I have a green card,I was legally her for 7 years,becase I am a child under 18 and ilegal presence doesn't affect me at this point.
        Why I can't file right away?.
        My green card based on family aplication,my stepfather is US citizen.Green car is for ten years.
        I don't see a problem here for me.I know my mom needs to wait a little.by the way if we file in 2005,does it count already like being "legal"?
        thanks

Comment

So I have a green card,I was legally her for 7 years,becase I am a child under 18 and ilegal presence doesn't affect me at this point.
          Why I can't file right away?.

but an inbstructions says: <span class="ev_code_RED">A Lawful Permanent Resident for at least five years</span> and at least 18 years old;

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">You just got your greencard. 4 yrs and 9 months from date on card and from when you turn 18</span>

I don't see a problem here for me.I know my mom needs to wait a little.

<span class="ev_code_RED">your mom will be able to apply 2 years and 9 months from date on greencard.</span>

by the way if we file in 2005,does it count already like being "legal"?
          thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">NO!</span>

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs