i-90 repalce green card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spoke to them again and another story plus their systems are down wow thats not their fault but next stop going tot the office in person and see what they say they keep putting in service requests that just tell me the same info over and over I may apply for a job there haha just joking but will see I have what i basically need but closure is always the icing on the cake or potatoe ah who knows when i got my pasport stamped i did not pay a fee but i know they have changed all that charges etc per case and request ..

I will just run for president here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 108jam:
    Hey Mary:

As far as I know, you CAN apply for citizenship after 5 yrs as permanent resident. You will have to check on the "consecutive months presence in US".

You can actually call that 800# , have to stay on wait for a long time and then keep asking for supervisor or immigration officer---then you can ask him/her to pull your records and see if you can apply for citizenship. Takes a lot of patience and time to stay and ask the right questions. Remember---be NICE to whoever answers the phone. Friendly conversations usually gets you the answers.

FYI: I finally did pay for the I-90, got biometrics done. Then made appointment via INFO PASS and got the STAMP in my passport. Funny thing is---they only gave me a 6 months STAMP instead of the usual 1 yr.

Officer told me if I need to travel again, then I can go and get another STAMP---but no indication if I have to pay another $300+ for another STAMP though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Comment

HI Mary:

Try the INFOPASS. Make the appointment and then when you go and talk to the officers---be special nice, smile, friendly and pleasant. I find that it will attract all the positive answers. Not 100% of the time. But even if you don't get the answers you want to hear... be nice so they won't note you next time you appear again and or put something nasty in your file to cause you problems in the future.

They will probably give you the N400 forms for citizenship application. You can still stay loyal to your birth country but look at this this way, if you live and work here in the US.... apply for the citizenship, PR is not so permannent anymore. There is such a thing as a dual citizenship---check into that, there is a way to do it legally. I have lots of friends (from Commonwealth countries) who are dual and multiple citizenships.

Good luck.

Comment

ah yes i know that re citizenship prob now is the card they say one minute they sent and the next lost in the mail SO I am going there tuesday in person have all my papers etc showing that i changed my address to the where i presently reside, will see they made the mistake not me and reps change the story so will see when i see a real person ie not someone on the end on the phone lol and explain kinda of a pain paying the money again and the waiting game ah well I have my health etc and its the weekend be happy all :-)
        Regards and thanks,

Comment

Have a nice weekend thanks for all your advice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
          Why haven't you applied for citizenship or is just easier to complain and whine? Or would you rather be a potato head your whole life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Regards and thanks,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mary Ireland:
            Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 25, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
            Why haven't you applied for citizenship or is just easier to complain and whine? Or would you rather be a potato head your whole life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            Regards and thanks,

Comment

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mary Ireland:
              i filed an application to replace my greencard a year ago and its still pending any ideas why I am irish they keep stamping my passport so i can work and come and go as i please but wondering why the delay i got my original greencard in 1989 almost 20 years ago i gave my biometrics etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Regards and thanks,

Comment

Whether you actually have the physical card does not affect whether you can apply for citizenship. You are an LPR, so you can apply.

Comment

Oh, and by the way, there is no such thing as a permanent green card. The older versions had no expiration date, but they were all recalled some time ago and those issued them required to get new ones. What Congress giveith, Congress take away, like green cards without expiration dates. However, status is uneffected by if a card is expired, current, being replaced. Your status is still LPR.

Comment

History of Indian Saree

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs