Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment based sponsorship from Canada

I have a question for the group and experts. I am a Canadian and have been offered a job in California. I do not have any degrees, but do have 24 years of detailed experience in my field. I have progressed from hourly floor worker to Operations manager of a manufacturing facility. I do have job specific training.
    What is the best route for me to take? Is there a chance I will get a green card through employment or am I dreaming? I have done some research and think that EB2 is my only approach. One more question, I have read a couple of things about a Pilot program that has looser restrictions, is this true and where would I find information.
    Sorry for the long questions, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Hopeful Greencard Applicant.

I have a question for the group and experts. I am a Canadian and have been offered a job in California. I do not have any degrees, but do have 24 years of detailed experience in my field. I have progressed from hourly floor worker to Operations manager of a manufacturing facility. I do have job specific training.
    What is the best route for me to take? Is there a chance I will get a green card through employment or am I dreaming? I have done some research and think that EB2 is my only approach. One more question, I have read a couple of things about a Pilot program that has looser restrictions, is this true and where would I find information.
    Sorry for the long questions, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Hopeful Greencard Applicant.

Comment

Your future employer will have to do the paperwork and get the lawyer. You cannot do it - it must be your employer (this is your big restriction). As with NAFTA - the employer must take the resposibility. If you have really been offered a job in good faith - the employer will do the paperwork.

You can get that Green Card - but your employer has to apply. Where in Canada are you? - I know GREAT immigration attorneys in Calgary - no guff and decent fees. (They work with all the major Oil Companies and pipeline companies on both sides..) You could go through Calgary - if you want the name....

Comment

I am located in Ontario.

Comment

If you don't mind working through Calgary - the company is Hansen and Company and Veronica is wonderful but very busy!(Not sure if she is still there.) Multicultural Law Firm! Go to their website and it will give you a better idea. They WILL work with your employer.

http://www.hansen-company.com/

538 - 9th Ave S.E.
          Calgary, AB Canada T2G 0S1

403 261 6890 (phone local)

1-800 523 6162 (toll free - both sides)

403 263 1632 (fax)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times