Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if the immigrant is supporting USC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edgrapes
    replied
    JohnDoe, M.S.:
    Support is needed in case beneficiary is unable to take care of himself/herself (itself in Michael's case). If person has descent salary to support whole family, including USC, USC's ability to do so is redundant.

Leave a comment:

• M.S.
    replied
    The 864 instruction says to count income of the sponsor's household, which includes anyone related by birth or marriage. The immigrant is married to USC, so I gotta believe her income counts. If the sponsor is temporary not having income, but has had stable income before, and is getting a higher degree and potentially a better job, all these factors should be considered. Does anyone have the section of the law authority reference on this one?

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    just because someone made an oversight does not mean it cant be corrected later, when BCIS notices it.

Leave a comment:

• M.S.
    replied
    edgrapes, My husband and I are in the exact same situation - he is on my car insurance & dental plan, and the beneficiary for my 401(k) etc. I feel relieved from reading your experience. THanks.

Leave a comment:

• edgrapes
    replied
    When I applied for GC based on marriage to USC, I was the only one with income, my wife is USC but at that time was a student. She was in my car insurance policy, my medical insurance policy, etc. No question related to sponsorship were asked on the interview. GC was approved right there.

Leave a comment:

• M.S.
    replied
    We have 2004 joint tax return filed, which showed good income (mainly from me but my husband almost met the min. requirement alone coz he had a summer internship at a big Corp). That is the only year we filed joint since we got married in 2004. My husband, the USC, won't have employment until he finds a job upon graduation later this year. Are we safe to pass affidavit? Shall we show assets in retirement & mutual funds?Or shall we definitely have a co-sponser (even just on paper)? Thank you all for your advice.

Leave a comment:

• Mauka
    replied
    I'm married to a USC and I'm the only one working.

It'll be fine!

Leave a comment:

• weasel
    replied
    If you file joint tax return, you should be ok with just your husband as a sponsor.

Leave a comment:

• M.S.
    replied
    Does the co-sponsor need to furnish the 3 years' tax returns?

I am still confused about the beneficiary cannot use her own income to qualify.Thought the beneficiary can use her own assets & income... Is there any citation of law anyone could provide?

Leave a comment:

• marmaduk
    replied
    The sponsor can be the USC's parent, siblings, long lost cousins,etc. As long as they meet the minimum income requirement.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    sponsor must be USC or green card holder.

You will need another sponsor; you cannot be the sponsor and beneficiary at the same time. You are the beneficiary, look for a sponsor.

Leave a comment:

• M.S.
    replied
    I married my USC husband & filed marriage based AOS. Will it be a problem for the affidavit if currently i (the immigrant) am the sole bread earner of the household & my income is way above minumum? I think the affidavit counts for the household income? Currently he is finishing graduate school (has no income) so I am supporting him instead of the other way around... our marriage is genuine.

Leave a comment:

• M.S.
    started a topic what if the immigrant is supporting USC?

what if the immigrant is supporting USC?

I married my USC husband & filed marriage based AOS. Will it be a problem for the affidavit if currently i (the immigrant) am the sole bread earner of the household & my income is way above minumum? I think the affidavit counts for the household income? Currently he is finishing graduate school (has no income) so I am supporting him instead of the other way around... our marriage is genuine.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney