X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an advise on I 130

Does any one can help me what to do?
    my american wife file I 130 since July 2004 and till now I have never got approval or refusal. what should I do to haste that?
    also I am outside usa since three years and since one year I presented all the documents the embassy asked me for k3 visa
    but till now they never said more
    your case is pending admin. processing and we will notify you when we get an answer
    Please note that we suffered a lot due to the long procedures and my wife is suffering from acute hardship and she takes ssl
    some people told me that if the wife takes ssl from the government it means that they will not accept your case
    please advise me
    thank you

Does any one can help me what to do?
    my american wife file I 130 since July 2004 and till now I have never got approval or refusal. what should I do to haste that?
    also I am outside usa since three years and since one year I presented all the documents the embassy asked me for k3 visa
    but till now they never said more
    your case is pending admin. processing and we will notify you when we get an answer
    Please note that we suffered a lot due to the long procedures and my wife is suffering from acute hardship and she takes ssl
    some people told me that if the wife takes ssl from the government it means that they will not accept your case
    please advise me
    thank you

Comment

You need to consult an immigration attorney (if there is an American attorney where you apply for visa).
      Generally speaking, the Consulate abroad is not subject to Federal Jurisdiction and regulations, but they have separate guidelines for case processing at DOS and you may ask for administrative review of the cause of delay.

One word of advice: don't try to 'push' your case. By law they have every right to process your case as long as it takes them, try hard and you may end up multiplying the number of waiting years.

As to SSL, it's not that she receives it or not (as USC she has right to receive benefits and it has no direct bearing on you), but question is whether she has enough income/funds/assetts to demonstrate that you are not likely to become a public charge once in US.

Comment

thank you so much for your fast answer

I just would like to draw your attention that when I mentioned taking them to the court I meant taking USCIS for FBI name check, cause I believe the embassy here does not have any jursdiction on the case at all. I heard that writ of mandamus force them to give an answer on the case. speically because I never broke any law while my staying in USA, I do not drink I don ot smoke I do not fight, simply I sent them police clearance from the same area I lived in.

second, regarding the ssi, I presented affidavit of support from an american citizen eligible to sponsor me and I presented all the documents they asked him for
        my fears came when a fried of mine told me that they do not answer me because my wife is not working and having ssi from the government so it is not good for the case even if I am willing to work hard. and he said the sponsor can help when you work and you add more crediblity to yourself in their eyes.

I need to push the case cause my I 130 has not answered although it overpassed the limit too it is 1105 days now. in their notic of action they mentioned 990 days at most.

I waited so long without any kind of resistance but now I am three years away of my wife. and I have to do something no matter what, my life is stolen. thank you for listening and sharing.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs