•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intending to change tourist status

Hello,

Good day to everyone.

I am a first time tourist in the US, i have brought my wife and daughter with me, we enjoyed the wonderful tourist areas and have grown to love living here for the past 3 months.

I have a question please:

We would like to know where we can find out and read how a tourist can change their status while here in the USA. I have a company who'd be willing to sponsor me for a job opening. But how about my daughter's education? can she continue schooling here?

SundayT

Hello,

Good day to everyone.

I am a first time tourist in the US, i have brought my wife and daughter with me, we enjoyed the wonderful tourist areas and have grown to love living here for the past 3 months.

I have a question please:

We would like to know where we can find out and read how a tourist can change their status while here in the USA. I have a company who'd be willing to sponsor me for a job opening. But how about my daughter's education? can she continue schooling here?

SundayT

Comment

For how long were you admitted into the US (date on your I-94 card)?

If it's past that day, you and your family are overstaying. There is no way to change status.

Status can be changed from tourist (providing you are not from one of the VWP countries) to student or to work visa, if one declares that intent when one obtains B visa or enters the country using it.

What's your situation?

Comment

VERY SERIOUS ADVISE!

Changing status is very easy !

All one has to do is:

General Instructions for men -

1. Dump your wife and kids.
        "We can't get along ! I don't love her anymore!" -
        these are holy and golden phrases that everyone will understand.

2. Go to nearest pub or nightclub. Chose the area where lower-middle class (not the lowest!) people live.

3. You are about to see great number of USC women, more than one of them can be courted and brought under altar.
        Especially those extremely fat ones - those will be eating you alive with their eyes.

4. You get your AOS and GC in about 6 months. Everything is legal and you get all the respect of community.

5. Later, you will pay "child-support" - but hey, those are YOUR kids anyway!

General Instructions for women -

1. Dump your husband and kids.
        "He is not good in bed ! I don't get what I want ! We have such different personalities!"
        -these are also set of holy and golden phrases.
        No one will misunderstand you!

2. Make friends with a lot of men.

3. I suggest you to go to a large, affluent city where p-u-s-s-y is extremely scarce (other than for $$ on the streets) and terribly sought after.

4. Find some **** and propose to marry him - make sure he can sponsor your GC instantly (must be USC, not LPR!!!).

You get your AOS and GC in about 6 months. Everything is legal and you get all the respect of community.

5. Later you can try to get your kids back.

Good Luck,
        IE

Comment

If your prospective employer is filing for an H1-B for you, he cannot even apply for it until April, for a start date in October. In the meantime, you would have to maintain legal status on your own and would NOT be able to work. I believe, but am not sure (I'm not a lawyer), that you'd also have to get the visa outside the U.S.

If your daughter has not yet completed the equivalent of our high school, then yes, she'd be able to go to school here. If she's college age, she would be able to attend, but whether or not she's charged in-state tuition would depend on the school and the state it's in. Also, if you have a nonimmigrant visa such as an H1-B she's probably not eligible for most financial aid.

Comment

I believe, but am not sure (I'm not a lawyer), that you'd also have to get the visa outside the U.S.
            Aliba,

do you know what the "change of status" and "AOS" is?

Comment

Yes, Antifascist, which is why I said it's important that he maintain his. Can't adjust from what you don't have.

Comment

No, you are absolutely wrong.

1. One can adjust within 6 months (even if failed to maintain status), provided that I-130 is sponsored by immediate USC relative.

2. OP didn't state that he has failed to maintain his status.
                No need to "assume" and create "hypothetical" scenarios.

Hurricane ! Wotan ! Wagner !

Comment

Except this guy isn't being sponsored by a relative. He specifically said he's being sponsored by an employer. For someone who doesn't believe in assuming, you seem pretty willing to assume the information about marriage should be part of my answer.

Furthermore, I wasn't "assuming" that he has failed to maintain status--simply warning him of the consequences if he does. Some people aren't too picky about that.

Comment

VERY SERIOUS ADVISE!

Changing status is very easy !

All one has to do is:

General Instructions for men -

1. Dump your wife and kids.
                    "We can't get along ! I don't love her anymore!" -
                    these are holy and golden phrases that everyone will understand.

2. Go to nearest pub or nightclub. Chose the area where lower-middle class (not the lowest!) people live.

3. You are about to see great number of USC women, more than one of them can be courted and brought under altar.
                    Especially those extremely fat ones - those will be eating you alive with their eyes.

4. You get your AOS and GC in about 6 months. Everything is legal and you get all the respect of community.

5. Later, you will pay "child-support" - but hey, those are YOUR kids anyway!

General Instructions for women -

1. Dump your husband and kids.
                    "He is not good in bed ! I don't get what I want ! We have such different personalities!"
                    -these are also set of holy and golden phrases.
                    No one will misunderstand you!

2. Make friends with a lot of men.

3. I suggest you to go to a large, affluent city where p-u-s-s-y is extremely scarce (other than for $$ on the streets) and terribly sought after.

4. Find some **** and propose to marry him - make sure he can sponsor your GC instantly (must be USC, not LPR!!!).

You get your AOS and GC in about 6 months. Everything is legal and you get all the respect of community.

5. Later you can try to get your kids back.

Good Luck,
                    IE

Hurricane ! Wotan ! Wagner ! Tsunami ! Neitzsche !

Comment

Since you are very rare type of an ***, I just have to plow your head right where it belongs to :

you seem pretty willing to assume the information about marriage should be part of my answer.
                      Mr. No-Assumptions-Aliba !

Where did you see me stating or "willing"( how would you know what I will anyway? ) to assume "the information about marriage should be part of" your answer?
                      Where? Please be earnest and quote.

Comment

It'll be harder to change status from B to H visas without exiting and reentering the country. USCIS might also mandates the H visas must be obtained from an overseas consulates, instead of granting the change of status.

Comment

"VISA" and "STATUS" are not one and the same.
                          VISA is required to enter the country.
                          STATUS is what one has while present in US.
                          INA statute does not prohibit change of status, provided that all the eligibility requirements are met.

This is not intended as advise to OP, only to address the erroneous post of marmaduk.

Comment

If you do the nightclub thing proposed by others you'll hear the words "Matter of Blas" from your friendly immigration Judge. Fraud is not the way to obtain an immigration benefit.
                            This is not legal advice, contact an attorney for all your legal questions.

Comment

Houston, do you ever laugh in your life?
                              Do you know what the thing called "the sense of humor" is?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation