This is what happens....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

No davdah, Bush continued the Reaganomics deregulation of the money market and in fact accelerated it. That's one of the main the reasons why the crash happened. The SEC was asleep at the wheel however even if they did know about what was going on they couldn't do much about it. They became a toothless watchdog in effect under Bush.

6 out of the 8 years Bush was in power the Repubs were controlling the budget. You can't spin that fact. Nothing incoherent in that. I'd say your neo-con outbursts are on a level with Sharron Angle and Michele Bachmann.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Ok davdah here it is...

Paul Krugman on the failure of Reaganomics

It's not hard to find this stuff on the Net. Plenty of accusers of how Reaganomics ultimately failed. Of course you Repubs will twist it and say how great it was and what's wrong with an occasional boom-bust cycle, except 2008 wasn't just a minor bust cycle but a major one on a level not seen since 1929.

A few choice phrases I picked from this article backs up my earlier statements:

Banks were allowed to invest in a somewhat broader set of assets, and the scope of the antitrust laws was reduced.

The rate of new business formation increased sharply, but the rate of bank failures was the highest since the thirties. Real interest rates increased sharply, but inflation-adjusted prices of common stocks more than doubled.

None of this will persuade you at all of course. Your views are on the far Right of the GOP and not in the mainstream. If you think people are gonna rush to the polls in November and vote Republican, better be prepared for a shock. The Tea Party nuts will split the right wing vote unless the Repubs get it together before then. A bit of a tall order as they still don't have a national leader yet nearly 2yrs on.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
          I was expecting to read a hit piece. Not bad actually. Did you read it all? There are a few points that stand out hinting at what we're faced with now. One being the congress's appetite for spending wasn't swayed. Only by increased revenue as a function of reduced taxes did it not negatively impact the economy during that time period. Lower taxes do equate to higher prosperity as the article indicates.

The other was the shift in domestic spending from discretionary to, my favourite word here,...entitlements. The author doesn't expand on the reasons for it so I will. Our country's leading edge of baby boomers were beginning to retire starting us down the path to where we are now. As Bernanke accurately stated, we're going to be broke in 20 years or less because of entitlements.

To paraphrase the author's closing statement; People want things, but don't want to pay for them. That sums it up and has led us to this place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to interject that it's very hard to understand a different opinion unless your life takes a serious turn. Mine did and my political views have taken a serious turn. Sorry, Dave, but the Republicans could care less about me because I'm not sending generous portions of money anymore. I did in the past, but when things got bad for me, they could give a s.hit less. I don't want to be affiliated with a party who doesn't care for the less advantaged. So, I'm switching parties. Never thought it would happen, but all you need is a life-changing event to open your eyes.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
            The video was a joke. Not one verifiable point was made. Just a heavy does of speculative negative commentary delivered by a dim witted hack.

The only valid statement I heard was Krugman saying people aren't spending caused this. Well, geeze, maybe if people weren't required to hand over more money to obama, they'd have something to spend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes, we need to step back and understand that some people are less fortunate than others, Dave. I truly had a wake-up call this year. I decided that it's not okay to not think about the less fortunate because of my situation. I'm currently disabled because of my wrist not healing and I think about people who haven't saved the money I have in the same situation. Makes me sad. You should stop being angry about people who are less fortunate than you and eating your tax dollars because you never know when something unfortunate could happen to you.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now I'm the loan ranger in a sea of democrats, just freakin lovely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It tells you one thing. A marginalized argument is almost always wrong.

Oh, did you mean 'lone ranger' or that's really 'loan ranger?' Honestly, I prefer the latter. An ever-ready loan that's available on someone who's handy is somewhat reassuring in these uncertain times.

Comment

Which is why people should not count on big brother and have planned for just such events before hand.

That's part of the problem. Most have this notion that somehow, some way, things will be made right and ultimately lean on government to insure that.

In the process they neglect to look after there own things. That is what led to the krap storm we're in. Everyone spent borrowed money, saved nothing, and now there is no credit or cash to spare. Obama doesn't have it either.

Now I'm the loan ranger in a sea of democrats, just freakin lovely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it's a live and learn kind of life, eh? It's not all about money and power, btw.
                Sometimes a life event happens that changes all that. I would give up the winnings of a million dollar lottery at this point to have my arm back. But, that's just me.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Which is why people should not count on big brother and have planned for just such events before hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's all fair and well if you have the money to do so in the first place. Try telling somebody earning $8 ph to save for their hard times. I can predict the kind of answer you will get and it won't be pretty. You need to get out there and open your eyes davdah. You've spent far too long with your eyes wide shut.

Yes I did read all that piece. I picked both pieces because one is very definitely from the left end of the spectrum and the other is from the right-leaning Cato Institute. If you read it, he doesn't appear to give Reaganomics a 100% perfect score ergo it has failed to deliver what it promised.

Welcome to the Dems Proudie. Unlike the Repubs you are truly in a Big Tent with others from diverse backgrounds. This to me is the real melting pot that is America. I expect to see more defecting to the Dems over the coming months as the mainstream Repubs are infiltrated and moved towards the far Right under the misguided stewardship of the Tea Party crowd.

Can you seriously see Sharron Angle, Michele Bachmann and Rand Paul being elected?

Comment

Ah but you make it sound like all we need to do is cut taxes and shrink government and all our problems will go away. The magic bullet that cures all according to the GOP. Just do this and we'll be back to normal overnight. It doesn't work that way particularly now.

I find it somewhat demeaning to be told by someone such as yourself to "just take care of yourself". That's what I have been doing all these years and many others too.

2008 brings the Crash and people saw huge chunks of their savings disappear overnight. Just when things appear to be improving, they loose their jobs and get hit again. The Repubs stall UI extension arguing over the extra $34bn debt yet calling for the Bush taxes for the very wealthy to be made permanent (which doesn't have to be paid for!).

A far Right candidate calls for UI to be reduced so that people will get off their lazy a-ss and look for "entry-level jobs" which don't exist. Even where they do, $8ph isn't gonna pay for very much is it? The GOP has a serious disconnect with the population right now. It had better hurry up and heal it or else pay the price in November.

Comment

D.umb**** Brit. I post repeatedly on illegals who kill Americans. You love and celebrate the deaths of Americans. You danced like a Palestinian on 9/11. Frak you!

Comment

No political plan is 100% perfect. No matter how successful there is always something that doesn't quite pan out. Using your guise of absolute failure if not 100% how does Bama measure up?

You guys act as though I'm some evil ogre or something. Sure, things happen in life. I sure as hell haven't had it good that long. There was time I would have been better off with an 8hr job. PUSC, once your hand heals, then what? Still a Democrat? When things return to pre-recession levels, still a democrat?

My point Brit is everyone needs to do a little more to take care of themselves which means do it before something happens when things are good. That isn't the time to go on vacation. That's when you squirrel it away or invest it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First, I don't think you are an evil ogre. You're entitled to your beliefs as is everyone else. I took a step back and tried to see the big picture. I was one of the fortunate people who was able to save for my future. As Brittie said, those making minimum wage can barely pay their bills let alone save anything. I happen to care about people. I saw how the Republicans tried to block the extension of unemployment benefits and it made me ill. Why should people who can't secure a job be swept to the side? Why should they be allowed to go hungry and unable to care for their families? Why should we want to increase the homeless population in the US when it is already at an embarassing level? It isn't just lazy people who don't want to work collecting unemployment. It's a whole group of people who lost jobs due to various reasons and cannot get another one because of the bad economic times.

So, to answer your question, if or when my arm gets better, I will still care about other people who are less fortunate than me and I believe that makes me more of a Democrat than a Republican.

Comment

Immigration laws should not be directed towards removing the illegals but to bring benefit to the ones who are legal and can work. the eb5 visa program and eb5 investor program provide these benefits.
                          Always interested in the H1-B visa, the Eb-5 Visa Program and other Eb5 Investor Visa related issues.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                            Very true Koller. Davdah's solution is for everybody to elect Republicans. The same Repubs who spent money like water during 8yrs of Bush without having to account for it and getting us involved in 2 wars, one of which wasn't justified.

As usual, davdah is trying to spread the GOP fear message. Of course the economy will turn around eventually. It always does. Even after 1929 it turned around. Lets not forget who put us there this time. It was under Bush in the financial collapse happened. It was Bush who enacted TARP. Obama inherited his bad decisions and ended up having to bail out Wall St because if not, the official unemployment rate would be 20%+ by now. Neither he nor any Repub President would be able to hold office with such a high rate of unemployment. "Swinger" McCain would have done the same had he been elected.

Ultimately it was the excesses of "Reaganomics" that was mostly to blame for the 2008 crash in the first place. Lets not go down this road again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What stupid woman this is. This why women not be allowed to vote. I hope her next boyfriend is Mel Gibson.

Blame Reagan - a dead man - for failure of communist Obama !! ridiculous.

Obama have same policy as Bush so no blame Bush. Under Bush we have 5 % unemployment - true unemployment; now true unemployment is 20 % +++; how she say it higher without Obama ? How she know this ? I say that if we have good man like Ron Paul or Alan Keyes, we have 0 % unemployment. Stupid smidgeeon should be ashamed by stupid comments. Be gone witch !

Comment

Well said Senator, she is. Some women can't understand normal thinking. There are those who blindly accept commie left wing propaganda without any fact checking. There are others who dig too deep for facts that don't exist when the illusion is staring them in the face. It's why they should be relegated to raising children and cleaning house as it should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious. Who is "she"? Senator Stupid quoted Brittie, not a woman. By the way, I would have been happy to stay home and raise my children. If I had, I think they would have turned out better. However, it wasn't in the cards. Had I not worked and saved, I would be in a helluva mess at this point. Anyway, carry on with caveman mentality. I sort of find it amusing.

Comment

Well said Senator, she is. Some women can't understand normal thinking. There are those who blindly accept commie left wing propaganda without any fact checking. There are others who dig too deep for facts that don't exist when the illusion is staring them in the face. It's why they should be relegated to raising children and cleaning house as it should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There....satisfied?
                                “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation