Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 application still not approved

I've been hearing about other people's I-130 application being approved 3 or 5 months. It's almost 5 months since I applied for my husband to come to the live with me in the states and I am still waiting for approval. I am a US citizen and the waiting is driving me crazy. I pray every night but I might need a to pray a little harder tonight.

I've been hearing about other people's I-130 application being approved 3 or 5 months. It's almost 5 months since I applied for my husband to come to the live with me in the states and I am still waiting for approval. I am a US citizen and the waiting is driving me crazy. I pray every night but I might need a to pray a little harder tonight.

Comment

Where did you file? Which service center? The processing times are different from one to the other.

Comment

I live in Boston, MA i sent my application to Vermont location.

Comment

Well, it seams Vermont slowed down (it used to be the fastest). They are currently working on petitions filed by March 2006.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...viceCenter=VSC

Have you filed for K3 as well?

Comment

Yeah Vermont Center has seem like it's taking longer. No i didn't want to do the K-Visa only because even though it's faster it's more headache when spouse comes to the US.

K-visa you have to spend more money.

Comment

visit this website for tracking other people applications

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigrat.../family-based/

Comment

I feel as if they have been working on applications rcv'd on 03/12/06 for ever.

Comment

is it nomral that my I 130 is pending since 2004? just a simple question? why??? I just cannot understand their way to deal with cases?

Comment

Said, 3 years seems a bit long. I know you've been posting here for awhile - I can't remember your original story, but do you have a lawyer? I know you've posted about WOM. I guess that's for extreme cases, but are you from a country that is on our 'watch' list? Tell us more. There are plenty of people here on this forum willing to help. Just seems like you're not willing to share enough about yourself for people to help you?

Comment

ProudUSC

I am from Egypt, and we have strong ties with USA
                      in fact I am willing to share my story, I already did many times on this forum, it is K3 visa, my wife is american, I was in USA and I came back on VD, then she filed me I 130 in 2004 and I 129F. the second one is approved, then the procedures started, I applied for I 121 waiver and I 1601 and they approved after 11 monthes,
                      I prsented all of that to the embassy again, so since July 06 they claim that my case is pending admin. processing.
                      the question is: if K3 visa is mainly aims to unite the family, how come that it takes them all that long ( almost three years) and they are still not adjudcate the K3 visa, nor approved the I 130. I mean the K3 visa target is to unite the family till I 130 is approved, but unfortunately, I am in this processing since 2 years and half at least. 11 monthes for the waivers, and 9 for the admin. check and the rest for the embassy.
                      I am afraid that my case is in a desk for someone lazy or carelss.

I heard that WOM is not for K3 visa, but I really need to file something like this to push them to take an action, I have not seen my wife since 3 years.

Comment

ProudUSC

Pleaes I still need your advice for the situation? I need to do an action. so any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

My K1 has been approved in 10 days at Vermont.
                          The whole process including process in US consular only took 2 months.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by said:
                            ProudUSC

I am from Egypt, and we have strong ties with USA
                            in fact I am willing to share my story, I already did many times on this forum, it is K3 visa, my wife is american, I was in USA and I came back on VD, then she filed me I 130 in 2004 and I 129F. the second one is approved, then the procedures started, I applied for I 121 waiver and I 1601 and they approved after 11 monthes,
                            I prsented all of that to the embassy again, so since July 06 they claim that my case is pending admin. processing.
                            the question is: if K3 visa is mainly aims to unite the family, how come that it takes them all that long ( almost three years) and they are still not adjudcate the K3 visa, nor approved the I 130. I mean the K3 visa target is to unite the family till I 130 is approved, but unfortunately, I am in this processing since 2 years and half at least. 11 monthes for the waivers, and 9 for the admin. check and the rest for the embassy.
                            I am afraid that my case is in a desk for someone lazy or carelss.

I heard that WOM is not for K3 visa, but I really need to file something like this to push them to take an action, I have not seen my wife since 3 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, you are trying to follow the right process and have been waiting 3 years? I think your wife (she's in the USA, right?) needs to contact her congressman. Your wait time seems way too long. BTW, I worked with some Egytian people in my last job - very delightful! You already know English (which is a pretty big priority of mine). So, please try to get your wife to call her congressman to try and move this matter forward. Good luck to you!

Comment

we did contacted the congressmen ( the three of them) and two answered us that they contacted the embassy ( which is the wrong button) cause the embassy told us in 10 emails that they do not have any jursdiction on the case till it cleared from USA (Washington DC), we tried to contact them again telling them that they have to contact Washington DC instead of the embassy, but they never answered us ( since two monthes). I just feel that my case is on a drawer of someone's desk, while it is very obvious and simple, and that what frustrates me, I need to break the ice by any action. even if it is name check, I sent them my police clearance and I never broke any kind of law while my staying there. I need to find a way. but me and my wife are not able to do anything after we read in this forum that WOM is just for people who change their status. should I apply for that WOM, I really do not care what the result is, I just need to stop our ordeal. what do you think?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation