X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 help please !

Hello,

my wife just received her GC(through asylum case) last week and we've been married for a year and 8 months now...I'm here on F-1 viza.

My questions are;

1-) should she file I-130 for me before we make 2 years together or after?

2-)How long will it take for me to get travel documents and employment documents?

I will be glad if someone has experience and help me with my questions.

thanks,

DenizH

Hello,

my wife just received her GC(through asylum case) last week and we've been married for a year and 8 months now...I'm here on F-1 viza.

My questions are;

1-) should she file I-130 for me before we make 2 years together or after?

2-)How long will it take for me to get travel documents and employment documents?

I will be glad if someone has experience and help me with my questions.

thanks,

DenizH

Comment

DenizH,

you should file the i 130 right away! It doesn't matter if you fall out of status the i 130 will protect you. Then file for the travel document and work permit 6 months after filing relative petition. You will be able to adjust your status if you are married to a GC holder even if you are out of status.You will also be able to travel outside the USA even if you are out of status. Just here trying to help. If you require further clarification ask my good friends Aliba, SunDevilUSA or Someone12 they will point you in the right direction.

Comment

Deniz,

you can post your question here and expect to get more accurate responces:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...splay.php?f=39

Good Luck,
        IE

Comment

I-130 will not protect you. Will have to wait for priority date to become current -- and then file for adjustment of status (if still legal in the US). Only then can you get travel authorization/work authorization.

Comment

DenizH,

KMcTram is correct. Your wife can file 1-130 but it takes 4 to 5 years until a spouse of GC holder gets a green card. In the meantime it is immportant that you are in legal status in the US (by keeping F1).

If you are about to lose status, it would be the best to leave the US before it happens.

You first need to understand your situation and make some decisions.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation