X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMERGENCY---PLEASE HELP ME

To anyone who can help:

My father is sick. He just had a massive stroke and is laying in a hospital bed in Denver, Colorado. He is a U.S Citizen. I'm his only son and I live in Caracas, Venezuela. I'm not a US citizen and I don't even have a tourist visa right now. I went to college in Boston, MA and later worked and lived in NYC. But my visa expired and I had to go back to Venezuela. We applied for my US residency (through my US Citizen Father) but we are still waiting for an answer(it's been processing since 2002). Now my father has a stroke and has no one to help him with anything. He has no money and no insurance. I need to find all the information about the Humanitariaan Visa so I can go see him and help him with everything. The doctors say he can't work for some time so he wont be able to do anything to pay the bills. Even if I get the Humanitarian Visa, I wont be able to work for him or do anything since I can't work in the US. I need some one to advise me on what to do about this. For the love of God. Just tell me what I can or cant do. Is there anything that protects or that can help my father as a US Citizen???
    Please...I know this might be confusing, but I just have way too much in my head right now. If anyone can help me in any way please get in touch with me and I will try to explain it better.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,

my email is roots77@gmail.com

JC

To anyone who can help:

My father is sick. He just had a massive stroke and is laying in a hospital bed in Denver, Colorado. He is a U.S Citizen. I'm his only son and I live in Caracas, Venezuela. I'm not a US citizen and I don't even have a tourist visa right now. I went to college in Boston, MA and later worked and lived in NYC. But my visa expired and I had to go back to Venezuela. We applied for my US residency (through my US Citizen Father) but we are still waiting for an answer(it's been processing since 2002). Now my father has a stroke and has no one to help him with anything. He has no money and no insurance. I need to find all the information about the Humanitariaan Visa so I can go see him and help him with everything. The doctors say he can't work for some time so he wont be able to do anything to pay the bills. Even if I get the Humanitarian Visa, I wont be able to work for him or do anything since I can't work in the US. I need some one to advise me on what to do about this. For the love of God. Just tell me what I can or cant do. Is there anything that protects or that can help my father as a US Citizen???
    Please...I know this might be confusing, but I just have way too much in my head right now. If anyone can help me in any way please get in touch with me and I will try to explain it better.

JC

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that; its heartbreaking; this video might help you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvyfAh_7ZV0

Good Luck !

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HelpPlease:
        To anyone who can help:

JC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Sorry to hear your situation. However, I would contact the embassy in Caracus, explain the situation, and see if the embassy can grant you a temporary visa. You will need to bring proof that your father is in the hospital, a doctor's statement, any documentations of your petition status. If you need to send money, contact the hospital's social worker where your father is at and see how to wire transfer directly to the hospital's account, if your father needs money.

You might want to contact Mike 2007 on this because I could not find anything that could apply to your situation.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Thank you Hudson,

I'm on my way to the embassy right now, just to find out every piece of paper I need to show them. Later today I will talk to the social worker that's helping my dad in the hospital so that he can send me all the required paperwork. So we will see how it goes.
          Now my question is what happens when a US Citizen isn't able to work ordered by the doctors because of heart conditions. Does he get any help from the state,goverment anyone?? How is that called?? disability? help me with this.

p.s. how do I get in touch with Mike 2007??

Thank you so much,
          JC

Comment

I know that on temporary visa applications there is a question that asks if you have applied to for an immigrant visa in the past, in your case the answer is "Yes". This clearly shows your intent to immigrate here or in other words "come here and stay". When this same person applies for a temporary visa sometimes they use this to judge that the person is trying to immigrate here by all means. So its a little tricky. If you do get here by any chance I am unsure if you would be able to work since you would be here on a different ground than your father's petition for you, this means one more mouth to feed while neither of you can work. You may want to research the disability, unemployment, or Welfare options provided by the Federal, State, and/or Local government. I am unsure where that info is.

Your father should have filed for you when you were here because you would then be able to receive an EAD for employment and perhaps the ability to travel back and forth without issues.

Good Luck.

J

Comment

Umm; you forgot to thank me. I think the video I sent was very inspirational. Maybe it slipped your mind to thank me?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HelpPlease:
                Thank you Hudson,

I'm on my way to the embassy right now, just to find out every piece of paper I need to show them. Later today I will talk to the social worker that's helping my dad in the hospital so that he can send me all the required paperwork. So we will see how it goes.
                Now my question is what happens when a US Citizen isn't able to work ordered by the doctors because of heart conditions. Does he get any help from the state,goverment anyone?? How is that called?? disability? help me with this.

p.s. how do I get in touch with Mike 2007??

Thank you so much,
                JC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                YOur father may have several options. First, if the company he works for has any short term or long term disability insurance, he could apply for that. If your father has any disability insurance through his medical policy that he paid for, he would need to apply for that. He could, if he meets certain requirements, apply for Social Security Disability Insurance, if the employer does not have any private disability insurance. You will need what your father has and what he could apply for.

YOu can send Mike a prviate message and ask for his help.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

U mentioned your father will be disabled for sometime per doctor's orders. Depending on the length of time, age, and other financial factors he may be eligible for one of various government assistance programs. The social worker where he is hospitalized, I am sure has already been contacted. But nonetheless, you can inquire on this and perhaps talk to the worker yourself. He/she may also be able to send to you via fax a medical document verifying that your father is hospitalized and prognosis. As for the temporary visa, I dont know how this works, but the social worker might. Good luck, hope your father gets well soon

Comment

Today I went to the US Embassy and they told me that since my father was a US Citizen I should be able to go with a Humanitarian Visa. They just need to recieve from the hospital all the information required and then they let me know. It seems that the social worker at the hospital really wants to help so lets see. She told me there's many organizations and different ways to find help for him so I'm crossing my fingers.

To all of you who showed interest in my story...thank you.

If anybody thinks of anything that mught help please lets me know.

sincerely,
                    JC

Comment

Glad to see that you are on the right track. Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board