X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustment of status

hello to all experts,
    I am about to tackle the adjustment status application process. I am married to an American born U.S citizen and I am an f-1 overstay for quite sometime.

Please correct me if I am missing something with my understanding of the process:
    1. I will be submitting i-130, i-485, i-765, i-864, G325a- 1 copy from me and 1 copy from my husband, 2 passport style photos- one from me and one from my huband and my medical exam. I will be sending this documents in one package to the Chicago address.
    For the fees, do I write one big check or separate checks for each of the 3 main documents plus the finger printing fee?
    2. For the supporting documents, I will attach a certified copy of the marriage certicate. For his U.S. Passport, can i submit a photocopy of the page where it shows his birth/citizenship or does the photocopy need to certified or notarized?
    3. For the affidavit of support, I am submitting the last 3years of his tax returns and a current pay statement.
    4. Does it typically take 90 days to get the EAD?
    5. Do they call your current job or former job and penalize them for hiring an illegal?

I will have more question as I fill out the forms. Thank you so very much for your input.
    I am trying to do the paperwork on my own after calling several attorneys. they are are charging $1500-2000 retainer fee which I cannot afford at this time.

Regards,
    desperately seeking

hello to all experts,
    I am about to tackle the adjustment status application process. I am married to an American born U.S citizen and I am an f-1 overstay for quite sometime.

Please correct me if I am missing something with my understanding of the process:
    1. I will be submitting i-130, i-485, i-765, i-864, G325a- 1 copy from me and 1 copy from my husband, 2 passport style photos- one from me and one from my huband and my medical exam. I will be sending this documents in one package to the Chicago address.
    For the fees, do I write one big check or separate checks for each of the 3 main documents plus the finger printing fee?
    2. For the supporting documents, I will attach a certified copy of the marriage certicate. For his U.S. Passport, can i submit a photocopy of the page where it shows his birth/citizenship or does the photocopy need to certified or notarized?
    3. For the affidavit of support, I am submitting the last 3years of his tax returns and a current pay statement.
    4. Does it typically take 90 days to get the EAD?
    5. Do they call your current job or former job and penalize them for hiring an illegal?

I will have more question as I fill out the forms. Thank you so very much for your input.
    I am trying to do the paperwork on my own after calling several attorneys. they are are charging $1500-2000 retainer fee which I cannot afford at this time.

Regards,
    desperately seeking

Comment

you will send 3 separate checks for every file.
      they will not call your work place so don't worry about that and the checks will be around 745.00, including adjustment of status and fingerprinting fee.

Comment

Supporting documents: It doesn't need to be notarized.....send a copy of it.... or a copy of his birth certificate as proof of american citizenship....

generally, you will be receiving the work permit within 90 days...

Comment

williamaria and ramalotti,

Thank you for your posts. I added my total fees and it came out to $645.00. I am not filing for advance parole, so that must be where the $100. 00 difference came from. You said the total fees were around 745.00.
          i-130 is $185, -485 $315.00, finger print -$75.00 and I-765 $175.00= $645 total fees. Am i missing anything else?

Thanks,

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed